OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer -627036 M/F
Responsible for working with electrified & hybrid powertrain (engines, transmission, battery & motor) engineers, including controls and calibration, to proactively drive ePT system level design and optimization through virtual analysis tools.
Responsible for developing 1D/2D/3D simulation models, methodologies and processes from physical principles for traction motors (SynRM, SRM & IM), start/stop motors and a range of power electronics (inverters, DC/DC converters etc.).
The expected job responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
1. Develop, test and correlate high-fidelity physics-based models for electrified and hybrid powertrains.
2. Drive design using Computer Aided Engineering tools (ANSYS Maxwell, CST Studio Altair Flux, Simplorer, HFSS, Cadence & Matlab) to meet the system performance, efficiency, durability, and reliability.
3. Evaluate material selection for ensuring appropriate motor functionality
4. Analyze EMI for high voltage power electronics and provide design recommendations
5. Provide components design direction, and control strategy development & optimization through System Integration
6. Execute advanced projects for new methodology and process development.
7. Document procedures, and write technical/progress reports.
8. Coordinate between different release groups, global simulation teams and suppliers to identify risk and communicate virtual analysis results.