AKKA & Modis are now Akkodis, a European leader in Engineering and Technology Consulting Services. Accelerating innovation at its customers, Akkodis supports major players in the automotive, aerospace, telco&media, industrial, energy, rail and life science sectors throughout the lifecycle of their products, including those made with cutting-edge digital technologies (ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded systems, machine learning, etc.). With the aim of strengthening our team we are looking for a Converter Validation Engineer.
Main tasks: Engineering activities to support converter and control validation and certification activities.
· Reviews certification requirements of converter and control cabinets for wind, solar and battery markets
· Define testing procedures to comply with certification requirements
· Design, adapt and operate test rigs to proceed with the validation and certification tests
· Instrumentation definition, installation and data gathering
· Attendance to external laboratories to perform specific certification tests
· Test report generation
· Manufacturing test bench support
· Production and field troubleshooting
· Participates in converter validation to ensure compliance with the design requirements in cooperation with the whole converter design team.
· Adheres to the quality process through the execution of test procedures.
· Cooperates with other teams in the company to support presales, commissioning, aftersales, etc.
· This position may require travel to customer and non-customer sites (30%)
· The service should be given on San Fernando de Henares (Madrid) testbenches
Technical qualifications needed:
· Electrical engineering degree with good expertise on electrical test rigs and executing tests of converter and control cabinets.
· Knowledge of power electronics, testing instrumentation and certification normative
· At least 3 years of experience in test and validation of power electronics for renewable energy
· Experience in analysis, diagnosis and problem solving on complex systems and its commissioning
· Fluent in Spanish and English
· Must have: Microsoft Office knowledge
· Nice to have: Pyton / MatLab knowledge