OPERATIONS - CONSULTING
Avionics Systems engineer – Flight Warning System
Are you a qualified Systems Engineer, working in Aerospace or Defence? Do you have Systems Engineering knowledge, from requirement analysis, modelling and qualification testing through to integration? This would be the perfect opportunity to apply and develop your skills, working on existing and new projects, contributing to the continued growth and expansion of AKKA in the UK.
Following the continued success, we are seeking engineers with experience in aerospace systems to join AKKA, contributing to a variety major civil and military aerospace programmes, in Bristol and in Devon. Providing your expertise in Avionic, Electrical and Electronic system environments your skills will be integral to the UK strategy.
As part of the Avionics team, the successful candidate will support across multi-programme (all civil aircraft) requests from Flight Warning Systems (ATA 31), on the implementation of alert modifications of the ATA 32 system.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
Managing Flight Warning Systems and all Landing Gear sub-chapters (braking, steering, extension/retraction) as stakeholders, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Defining and tracking requirements through system analysis, and providing modification impact assessments,
· Carrying out stakeholders reviews with specialists, supporting content freeze and Design Reviews,
· Supporting the validation and verification activities,
· Monitoring supplier and integration testing,
· Reviewing and accepting the implementation of software modifications, qualification testing and supporting integration,
· Producing and reviewing technical documentation,
· Working closely with AKKA and customer engineering teams in the UK & France.
Skills & Knowledge Required
· A relevant Engineering degree – Aerospace, Mechanical or similar,
· Experience of requirement based engineering / product development life cycle,
· Hardware and / or software systems integration with aircraft (civil or military),
· Mathematical modelling (Matlab) and Model Based Systems Design experience would be beneficial,
· Experienced DOORS user,
· Any knowledge of the following aerospace standards desirable: ARP4754, ARP4761 DO160, DO178, DO254, AFDX, ARINC 429,
· Strong communication skills to build effective relationships with both customers & AKKA teams,
· Excellent written English with a high level of attention to detail.
Benefits & Reward :
Excellent benefits including a generous company pension, private medical cover (including dependants) & income protection insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work and access to perkbox, an online platform providing discounts to leading UK brands.
The AKKA Group, an engineering and technology consulting company, supports its clients in meeting their increasing challenges. Our key assets are:
· A wide-range of global services for industrial projects
· The ability to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle
· Offices in Europe, Africa, Middle-East, Asia and Americas
· 21 centres of excellence across Europe and the World to enhance Group synergies
· 21,000 skilled and dedicated employees
What makes us different:
At AKKA, we believe that improving the employee experience goes together with improving the client experience. We believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success, innovations and technological ambitions. With nearly 200 employees on board in the UK, and more to join, a human approach typical to that of a family business is what we strive for. Together with our values of Courage, Ambition and Respect, this is the glue that makes us stick together.
What if you could tailor your professional journey in an ambitious work environment that feeds your curiosity, that provides plenty of freedom play with ideas, innovate and explore, that offers boundless possibilities and allows for bold moves and lets you fully harness the power of your skills and talents.
Europe, United Kingdom, South West, Bristol
Minimum level of education required
5. Bachelor Degree
Level of experience
3 to 5 years