ADA Software Engineer
UNITED KINGDOM IT development
Electronic Warfare systems are changing the Defence industry. From being used to confuse or disable an enemy's electronics to collecting an enemy's radio signals or sensing the radar of an incoming missile. These highly complex systems require a keen eye and attention to detail. You will need to be a software engineer who’s not just able to provide good embedded knowledge but who can think outside the box and problem solve on the job.
At Akkodis we know your ADA may be rusty or not used in a while, so we have the answer. As part of your induction in Akkodis we will enrol you on an ADA specific training course. This is suitable for previous ADA users who have maybe not programmed in a while and need a refresher or experience C/C++ engineers who have a strong foundation in engineering looking to broaden their skills.
Day to Day Tasks
· Performing signal processing and interfacing software into Embedded and Real-Time Environments.
· Providing a high level of expertise with Electronic Warfare developing to a highly secure environment.
· Writing Test procedures and Test Scripts and performing Unit testing
· Implementing requirements changes
· Investigating and implementing problem reports and change requests
· Reviewing and re-working the design artefacts
· Customer facing
Skills and Experience Required
· ADA Programming experience (ADA95 or newer)
· Linux application and driver development experience within an Embedded Linux Platform
· Understanding of the full product development lifecycle within a secure environment.
· Development of Software plans, requirements development and software verification.
· Application of relevant standards
· Integration into lifecycles using a range of lifecycle methodologies, including SCRUM.
· Experience with customer support dealing with people face to face
· Good time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
· Willingness to work within a consultancy environment that may require some UK based travel
* Candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. This vacancy requires full Security Clearance which will require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Please note that if the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
• 28 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Relocation Allowance
• Private Healthcare for yourself and Family
• Flexi-time (Dependent on Customer and Project)
• On-going Training courses