Test and Validation Expert Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Test and Validation Expert Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful applicant will join our Manufacturing Assembly Integration and Testing group (MAIT) in Portsmouth.
The Test systems Expert specialist systems role is for a team player hands on expert engineer responsible for leading Test Development engineers for Test systems Architectural Development. The Expert systems specialist will be responsible for the Test System Hardware and Software activities related to the design & development of Test Systems with Test & simulation capability, to Test & Validate AIRBUS's Analogue & Digital based Payloads.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Perform hardware & software development tasks, writing requirements, Architectural systems design, validation, commissioning, testing and support for Test Systems applications with an emphasis on Systems Engineering implementations
The Expert role includes but is not limited to the Test System, Systems areas of responsibilities below:
· Manage the Engineering Teams technical solution compliant to the Architectural design
· Manage, produce and Maintain Requirements, Design, Integration, Validation & Implementation
· Apply the processes for Test Requirements, Specifications, Reviews and Delivery
· Support Deployment of Simulation, Equipment and Payload Testing
AIT Test Systems Expert reports to Head of AIT Test Systems as line manager and functionally AIT Test Systems Project Manager
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Minimum Honours Degree or equivalent in an RF, Microwave, Digital or Electronics Engineering subject with Systems Engineering & Project Management modules
· Solid and proven experience in RF / Microwave electronics Project Management, Systems Engineering, design & development of Test Systems having worked on RF, Microwave & Digital type designs
· Test Engineering ‘hands on' and leadership role within a Communications Development or Manufacturing environment.
· Design and build of RF test equipment using Genesis or ADS Systems & Microwave Models
· Systems, Equipment, Unit and Interfacing Baseband, RF & Microwave Design
· Hardware & Software, Baseband, RF & Microwave Architecture & Detailed Design
· Test Programming
· Solid and proven experience in theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the design and implementation of Hardware & Software for Automated Test Systems.
· Leadership skills based on Team motivation, management and direction.
· Project management & provision of requirements capture, BID's Proposals, planning, estimating, resource management, reports and presentation
· Systems Architecture hardware & software design, validation and implementation
· Test Strategy design, development and implementation
· Test/Development/Techniques/Disciplines in Microwave, RF, Baseband, Analogue & Digital Communications
· Measurement method design, development, implementation, validation and delivery
· Measurement Uncertainty Analysis and understanding to international standards
· Baseband, RF & Microwave Architecture & Detailed Design, validation and implementation
· Measurement Instrumentation selection trade-off, system integration and implementation
· Test Software programming in National Instruments CVI and LabView or equivalent
· Test Executives understanding in Agilent TestExec SL, National Instruments Test Stand
· RF & Digital hardware design, validation and implementation
· Good basic hardware & software RF , Digital & Control interface understanding
· Confident, self-motivated, responsible, flexible, good attention to detail, good communication skills across all levels of personnel.
· Team player, willing to learn about new technologies and learn new skills
· Able to lead a team of engineers to implement the design aims to deliver validated Test systems