Airbus Defence and Space Newcastle
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you a Manual tester who is interested in Automation testing? Looking for meaty and varied projects? Sick of repetitive testing on the same old thing? Interested in working on varied projects, with varied technology, applications, approaches and business sectors (established and those yet to be explored)? Wanting to join a team where you can ask questions, your professional-ability is not only respected but enhanced, and where the Manager is happy to coach and mentor?
Then this is the role for you!
You will be testing applications that actually make a difference to the world!
The applications you'll be testing are helping to monitor : pollution, global warming, fish and crop stocks and major disasters – you will be impacting on real-life people now and future generations!
As a Test Analyst, you will be joining the Software Development department and a team of 11 made up of Architects, Test Analysts, Developers and Test Manager – all of whom love knowledge sharing. The Software Development department Newcastle work on a diverse range of innovative products and projects for Airbus and various 3rd Parties. This provides an opportunity for testers to be involved with many different test types and approaches, technologies, environments and business sectors.
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
· Testing applications in the prototype stage all the way through to live applications. Applications that have a strong UI (User Interface) focus and applications that are focused on Database interrogation.
· Planning, coordinating and reporting of testing activities to project managers / stakeholders
· Provide test design and executing skills as part of the project team function
· Supporting and advising the Test & Verification Manager on the continuous improvement of testing strategy, methods and policies across all projects.
· Devising and maintaining project test plans, identifying risks and appropriate testing mitigations
· Undertaking test analysis and execution in a SCRUM team
· Representing the testing function in the defect / incident management process
· Maintaining logs of test activities and providing feedback on progress to Test Manager and others
· Taking the lead on test completion milestones and artefacts for each assigned project
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· ISTQB Foundation or the equivalent experience
· Manual testing with an interest in Automation testing
· Consistency – ensures the quality expected of testing function is common across all assigned projects
· Communication – ensures all parties are fully-informed and mitigates against misinterpretations
· Knowledge building – acquires product and commercial knowledge to expand future scope of testing
You will have either experience in or a desire to learn the following skills
· JIRA for test management
· Test automation
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).