Technical Support Analyst
Location: Stevenage - flexible, hybrid working
Working on exciting digital smart tools such as AI and augmented reality within the exciting space manufacturing environment sound appealing to you???
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Analyst to be based in Stevenage within the Manufacturing Systems team, primarily responsible for customer service, troubleshooting and assisting others with manufacturing software and hardware solutions. Working closely with your local and transnational teams – this role has huge developmental opportunities!
We are open to both established (technical support analysts from a manufacturing / engineering background) and entry level candidates with a passion for technology and helping others!!
About the opportunity
Technical support analysts are typically individuals looking to solve problems, with the main focus of this job having efficient communication skills in order to help others use a specific device or application. You will be required to directly support users with their day to day working in tools including Windchill, SAP & IPS and in the future support the full end to end 3d digital systems of Odyssey Delmia, Ortems and Apriso.
Full training of these software tools will be given where needed. What is most important is that you have an aptitude for software and hardware and particularly enjoy working with users and helping them in getting the best out of the systems. A strong knowledge of various operating metrics like Windows, SQL and network infrastructures would be advantageous.
The role will progress into development and testing of new systems.
How will you contribute?
· Day to day user support of all manufacturing software tools including Windchill, SAP, Delmia
· Training for new starters
· Supporting users with the hardware used in manufacturing and recommending improvements where necessary, including ergonomic issues
· Pro-active support to innovation regarding new technology tools implementation to aid process efficiently and application to enhance existing processes, tools and materials
· Implement the best use of 3D in production environment
· Highlight process issues and risks and contribute to resolutions with key stakeholders
· Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
· Manufacturing engineering degree or IM/IT systems qualification – We are open as long as you have the right technical aptitude with a desire to learn
· Use of PDM, P6, IPS, 3D Modelling System, ERP Systems or other MES systems
· Understanding of Manufacturing documentation and Good understanding and detailed experience of manufacturing engineering and manufacturing systems
· A background in an aerospace engineering environment, preferably within the space sector
· Technical support experience ideally within a manufacturing environment
· Team working and team leading skills
· User friendly, practical and proactive
· Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail
· Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage)
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Customer Eng.&Technical Support&Services
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.