Airbus DS SLC
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
· on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Support Engineer (LTE) (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Elancourt. You will join Secure Land Communications department.
The Field Support Engineer is a member of the 'Customer Test & Support' team within the Operations organization.
You will belong to the 'Customer Test & Support' / 'End to end validation' team and will act as support and roll-out engineer for AGNET, our new PMR (secured telecommunications) system. You will report to the Field Support Team Manager.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Doing the installation of our Agnet PMR telecommunications system
· Performing the technical assistance of the system (Level 2 support) according to the contracts
· Performing technical assistance on-site (when needed)
· Performing acceptances in lab
· Participating to the department hotline
This role will involve some travel for business once per trimester in Europe/worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Educated to a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in IT or Telecommunications.
· 2 to 5 years as IT or Telecommunications engineer
· Good technical background is required, especially on the following topics:
· IP technology (routers, protocols, IP security…)
· IT technologies such as virtualization, …
· PMR or GSM/UMTS/LTE/Wifi skills would also be appreciated
· Good communication skills
· Negotiation level of French and English