Airbus DS Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Build Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport.
In this role, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems to help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
Design and develop software products for the management and distribution of cryptographic information, certificates and key material, and for the management of cryptographic systems and devices protecting critically sensitive national and commercial information.
Software products must achieve the required safety, security, quality and performance levels according to Airbus software engineering processes and the needs of our customers.
Contribute across the full development lifecycle for bespoke cryptographic products and systems, in collaboration with systems, hardware, FPGA and verification engineers
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will ensure the Build Process and associated Tools and are in place to assure the integrity of deployed artefacts.
· Configuration Tools are applied to ensure the quality of the deployed artefacts are in line with local and corporate development processes.
· Configuration decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired
· Industry best practice is adopted to ensure the build system is always up and always available.
· Local solutions dovetail with the wider corporate Dev Ops guidelines.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Strong experience of deploying and maintaining Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
· Strong Experience of software configuration management.
· A working understanding of code and scripts (Python)
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Experience automation platforms
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
· Role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).