Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has opened within the Quality organisation at Airbus for the position of Single Aisle New Development Programme Quality and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). You will join the team in Quality New Developments to define, plan and drive all Quality Prevention activities across 'New Development' projects for Single Aisle (Product development and Industrial changes), to ensure 'right first time'.
Primarily based at Filton, the successful candidate could also be based at the Airbus Broughton site with regular travel to Filton.
By nature, New Project Introduction teams are transnational. As a consequence, the job holder, even if focussing priority on New Product Introduction teams based in UK, will interact with other organisations in other countries (typically Germany, France and Spain), and will be part of an organisation based transitionally.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
· Ensuring compliance to the Airbus Product Development Process and the Single Aisle Programme Quality Policy:
· Framing of the New Product Introduction Projects
· Quality insurance of the Development Reviews, and in particular, ensuring that the Deliverables which have to be presented during the Maturity Gates reviews are done on time and on quality
· Implement all preventive activities to ensure 'Quality Right First Time', and especially APQP (Advanced Product Quality Process):
· Drive the disciplined application of the APQP process throughout the project phases (Decision tree, Quality Plan Timing, Key Business Deliverables assessment, progress status)
· Ensure Key Business Deliverables are properly assessed (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans)
· Drive sub-contractor support if relevant
· Interfacing and Networking
· Act as the single focal point for Quality for the assigned project
· Guide Projects teams to ensure "right first time”, and answer any question related to Quality
· Coordinate the network of all Quality Functions involved in the New Product Development projects (Quality Engineering, Quality Manufacturing, Quality Procurement)
The ultimate result is Quality Right First Time for first MSN deliveries, sustainability secured for H/O to series, Maturity Gates organisation (framing, reviews sequence, reviews content / checklist, in accordance with the Airbus Product Development Process), and APQP Decision tree, Quality Plan Timing, Key Business Deliverables ensured.
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you are able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· A background in a Quality environment, or Procurement / Engineering with significant Quality related experience.
· Competences in APQP deployment – inside or outside of Airbus.
· Competences in Quality Standards such as DFMEA, PFMEA, KC, Control Plan.
· Competences in New Product Introduction Processes, End to End.
· Effective change management skills.
· Strong stakeholders management skills with the capacity to give meaning and to influence.
· Experience in New Product Development.
· Experience in Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering would be an asset.
· English language at negotiation level, French or German language would be an asset.
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Closing date for applications Friday 7th September 2018
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).