Airbus Defence and Space Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Service Design & Development has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in NEWPORT.
The successful service design & development person will report directly into the head of Ground Communications, you will be responsible for ensuring ground communication services are designed to meet current and future customer requirements. Ensure the Ground Communication service delivery organisations are able to deliver the services to meet the new contracted requirements and maintain a forward view of resources and skills to support ground communication service opportunities.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Service Design: For Ground Communications provide business line support to Incremental business and new business opportunities to create compelling offers aligned with our capability.
Work with Sales and BD to identify, support and price future business line prospect and identify any gaps to right skill and size the organisation for future success.
Input: Service Products from PM Portfolio, new and existing Customer RFP’s, Information gathered from Strategy for future services prospects.
Output: Service description inclusive of “Service Wrap”, Service proposals, SLA’s/OLAs,
· Ground communication service Catalogue Management
· Provision of Service bid materials and maintenance of bid collateral
· Review OP and workforce to recommend skills quantity and mix
· Assist with the emerging prospects and the ground communication business fit.
· Production of compelling ground communication solutions to customer problems.
· Work with BD & Sales to Develop a compelling Ground Comms solutions to customer problems.
· Collate and Maintain bid library collateral incorporating LL and feedback form previous bids.
· Lead bid process for the Business line by interfacing with SME’s and bid library to get timely and quality technical bid responses back.
· Collating and imbedding new world skills and experience into the bid library such as digitisation, NITS, Comms on the move.
· Leading bid responses for the business to hit the hot spots and keywords of customer requirements.
· Analyse prospects and support BD/Sales/R&D with market trends for the GC area.
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Office package
· ITIL methodologies.
· Business acumen
· Understanding of Sales and Bids
· Understanding of Airbus Security gates 0 to 4
· Service Road Mapping
· Presentation skills and Gravitas to influence customers
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).