Description de l'offre
Principal Structural Analysis Engineer – Landing Gear
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus, the world's leading Aircraft manufacturer has exciting new job opportunities to join its Engineering teams at Filton, Bristol.
Core activities include the design, engineering and support for Airbus wings, fuel systems and landing gear Integration. We develop our people to work on systems, structures and aerodynamics research, development and test facilities.
The engineering site at Filton is a vibrant and diverse place to work. Come and join our community which is developing the future of flight through our “Wing of Tomorrow” programme and researching the next big aviation concepts and subsequent technologies, within our new Airbus Wing Integration Centre.
An exciting opportunity for a Principal Structural Analysis Engineer – Landing Gear has arisen in Airbus Filton to participate in the development of landing gear design capability for future Airbus aircraft.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks and responsibilities of this role are:
· Identify gaps in Airbus' structural analysis capability for future landing gears and develop integrated technical solutions
· Plan and execute work to build Airbus' structural analysis capability for landing gears and equipment, identifying resource need and leading activities
· Develop technical solutions based on digital models for rapid application, optimisation and efficient re-use, in collaboration with Airbus specialists
· Develop technical solutions satisfying product requirements for specific aircraft
· Ensure that technical solutions are fully validated and meet Airbus' business objectives, considering future product and operational needs
· Develop team members' capability in the specialism.
· Conceiving and creating excellent structural analysis/design solutions for landing gears and equipment, including development of static and fatigue methods and material allowables
· Leading the development of new tools and processes to enable fast and efficient structural analysis of landing gear, where necessary within the current Structures and Systems process framework
· Contributing to the development of overall product test strategy to deliver validation of the analyses, methods & tools
· Ensuring a robust route to certification is established with the LG Structures DCS
· Specification and control of structural analysis requirements for landing gears down to component level, including approval of static, fatigue and FE analyses
· Validation of structural design requirements and ensuring verification of design solutions, including compliance with Airbus Standards and Airworthiness requirements
· Correct application of Airbus' process, methods and tools
· Fulfilment of aircraft structural requirements at landing gear level, working in collaboration with designers
· Ensuring structural maturity of design solution at entry into test phase and service.
· Working effectively in a multi-disciplined team and with key stakeholders to deliver an integrated design solution to time, cost and quality.
· Complete and accurate recording of structural data for design/product, for continuity and re-use in a digital environment.
This job requires an awareness of any potential business and product compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Candidates are expected to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering with relevant modules.
· Extensive experience of performing stress analysis for the design and certification of landing gear structure, or of analysing high-performance structure with requirements and challenges very similar to those for commercial aircraft structure; must include metallic structure, should include safe-life design.
· Experience of design/development process and governance, ideally with experience of Airbus' process
· Experience of structural requirements analysis, specification and cascade (V&V), including defining test requirements
· Experience of trade-off studies / design optimisation
· Performing a Technical Approval role with signatory rights for data integrity, including Static and/or Fatigue analysis and FE models
· Experience in use of stress tools including NASTRAN/PATRAN, preferably with knowledge of Airbus structures analysis processes and ISAMI tool.
· Experience in Abaqus EXPLICIT or NCode is beneficial.
· Multi-disciplinary knowledge, curious & innovative, willing to challenge the norm and learn/continuously improve
· Experience of activity planning and management, including familiarity with project management tools
· Ability to determine best practice, develop rules and analysis methods for landing gear structural design.
· Ability to achieve agreement through well-justified and pragmatic argument.
· Ability to structure, record and communicate knowledge clearly and consistently.
· Ability to foster strong team working and mentor other Engineers to develop their capabilities in landing gear structural analysis
· English language at negotiation level.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
Posting date: 03.09.2018
Closing date: 03.10.2018
o Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
o Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
o 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
o Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
o Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
o Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
o Onsite social clubs
o Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, UK wide and internationally)
Click here to watch an interesting video