Computadoras, Redes e Ingeniería, SA
Crisa (Computadoras, Redes e Ingeniería , S.A.U.) is a Spanish company founded in 1985 to design and manufacture electronic equipment, systems and software for space applications covering mainly: satellites, launchers, orbital infrastructure and space transportation vehicles. Other activities include engineering projects for ground stations. Crisa is integrated within the Spacecraft Equipment organization of the Airbus Defence and Space, Space Systems division. AirbusSpacecraft Equipment is a transnational business line with sites in Elancourt and Toulouse (France), Backnang, Jena, Ottobrunn and Friedrichshafen (Germany), Leiden (The Netherlands) and Crisa in Tres Cantos (Spain).We operate integrated into this Spacecraft Equipment organization although Crisa is a legal independent company (100% owned subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space SAU) that employs more than 450 highly qualified persons. Crisa has played a relevant role in most ESA's scientific and Earth observation missions, developing payload equipment (science instrumentation, video front end electronics, payload control and data processors, etc.), platform equipment (platform on board computer, interface units, actuators controllers, ..), power subsystems including mainly power control and conditioning and electrical propulsion applications, launcher electronics, ground segment applications and test bench equipment. Our main products lines (power, payload, platform and launcher products) cover a wide range of solutions for Earth Observation, Telecommunication, Meteorological and Science applications, Launchers and in orbit infrastructure platforms and mission’s needs. Our home site in the Madrid’s Technological Park (PTM) in Tres Cantos counts with standard engineering and design offices, a space qualified manufacturing and assembly production plant and our own testing facilities (shakers, thermal and vacuum climate chambers, EMC room and test table, etc.). We are willing to offer them for use by others, when available. Please refer to the facilities tab for description and contact information.
A position of Power Engineer has been opened in Airbus Defense & Space in Tres Cantos (Madrid area).
At functional level, the candidate will be part of Power & Analog team. At programmatic level, the candidate is part of a Project with the main mission of delivering electronic designs for flight equipment in accordance with project schedule, cost and quality requirements.
Within each project, the tasks are coordinated by a Technical Responsible in charge of direct reporting to the Project Manager. The Power Engineer’s tasks comprise the complete development of an electronic equipment: from the analysis of the requirements to the final delivery of the flight model once accepted.
Task and accountabilities:
The successful applicant will be in charge of the following tasks:
· Support to the Technical Responsible for the analysis of project requirements.
· Architecture analysis at electronic function or module level.
· Detailed electronics design based on electrical simulations at function level.
· Assure of the robustness of the design by means of: part stress analysis, worst case analysis, failure modes and criticality analysis, power budget analysis and Double Isolation requirements compliance.
· Support to Radiation Team to assure the design robustness within the radiation space environment including Single Events Effects (SEE).
· Documentation of the design.
· Laboratory and prototype testing.
· Assure the mechanical and thermal design robustness by supporting the Packaging Team.
· Support to PCB CAD team during the design of the PCB by the reviewing of the PCB layout.
· Board test procedures definition.
· Support to the Technical Manager in the main project reviews (Requirement Review, Preliminary and Architecture Review, Critical Design Review…)
· Characterization of the flight design in clean room conditions.
· Support to Test Team for the acceptance of flight equipment, ensuring a close monitoring of any change, evolution or discrepancy from the agreed baseline in the characterization phase.
· Support to the Technical Manager in the resolution of boards NCRs (Non-conformance) raised during qualification or acceptance test campaign.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in engineering or science discipline.
· Proven experience in the development of power electronics functions.
· Good knowledge of design methodologies for space application and tools (Mentor, LTSPice, Orcad Capture, SIMetrix-SIMPLIS).
· Sound mathematical basis for its application to the electronic design analysis.
· English and Spanish must be at least mid-level, both written and spoken.
· Good communication and reporting skills.
· Strong team working and cooperation spirit.
· Independent and accurate way of working.
Recommended skills are:
· Digital mindset (automation of tasks, scripting, use of digital design tools and simulators).
· Knowledge of space environment constraints.
· To be familiar with Agile Methodologies.
· Experience on power designs using digital control techniques.
· Fast prototyping techniques.
· Happy to learn and teach others.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.