AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
We are looking for a Payload Systems Engineer to join our Earth Observation department at Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth.
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Lead, you will focus on electronics systems engineering and product development & verification. This role would be a great next step for an experienced engineer who is looking to apply that experience to the systems we develop.
You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Tasks & Accountabilities
· Interpreting customer requirements to define electronics system architectures for spacecraft payloads
· Performing the functional analysis & decomposition of performance requirements down to equipment level. Management of those requirements for traceability and verification control
· Developing robust technical solutions for the space environment
· Contributing to model philosophy taking into account technology maturity and criticality
· Management of supplier technical performance to ensure product delivery with required performance and quality
· Developing and implementing strategies for testing and verification for successful project delivery
· Supporting and participating in formal reviews at customer and supplier level, with preparation and/or review of technical documentation as required.
· Supporting the Assembly, Integration and Test group (AIT) to assist in subsystem and payload level verification
This role will require occasional national and/or international travel to visit customers and subcontractors for, e.g. technical reviews and progress meetings.
· Track record in electronic product analysis, design and development
· Sound understanding of digital electronics microprocessors, FPGA/ASIC, low frequency precision analogue, power electronics and DC/DC conversion (up to ~200W)
· Understanding of the technical & commercial requirements of project work, anticipating and managing trade-offs between quality, cost, schedule, risks, safety and performance.
· Experienced in use of industry standard modelling tools (e.g. ADS, P-Spice, Matlab)
What We Can Offer You
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and very strong, very real strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.