Airbus Defence and Space Hawthorn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A new Network Support Engineer opportunity has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space based at their Hawthorn site. You will be reporting into the Head of Post Design Services (PDS) acting as a network support engineer on a Global leading edge service provider network. The successful candidate will ensure the on-going integrity of customer services, and will be a key member of a highly skilled team, expert in the design and diagnostics of a service provider network.
A significant part of this role is focused on the investigation of network behaviour diagnosing root causes and advising on operationally effective solutions.
You will be an accomplished engineer with practical experience of supporting a secure network with a telecoms service provider. As part of this we will expect you to maintain appropriate levels of certification, for which support will be provided in financial and study leave terms.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Implement & test the service (including provision of oversight for implementation activities). PDS engineers are expected to support installation at any of our customer's sites. As a result overseas travel may be required.
· Support to the Observation Reporting process ensuring that new requirements are understood in the context of the current system. Must be part of the solution to the problem using expertise to drive to a satisfactory conclusion
· Provision of specialist 24/7 on-call network support on a rotation basis within a team.
· Ownership of assigned on-going fault investigations liaising with customers and suppliers as appropriate.
· Problem diagnosis and recommending solutions.
· Review and feedback of user and system requirements in the service requirements specification, ensuring support requirements and strategies are catered for.
· Carrying out Validation, Verification & Test on delivered services and issue resolution.
· Review of test plans and specifications,
· Support the Early Life support process for a service as it transitions into operations between the service installation at customer site, and final handover.
· Delivery of the Password Management policy.
· Implementation of firmware and software patches on the network elements in accordance with the Patch Management Policy.
· Verify, schedule and delivery of IOS upgrades across the network to ensure equipment remains supportable
This role will involve some travel to UK sites and occasional overseas visits. The position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Degree level qualification in Engineering or Telecom Networks topic, or equivalent experience.
· A background in service provider networks
· Must have demonstrable knowledge of, IP, VOIP and MPLS systems.
· Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions
· Proficient in MS Office applications.
· English language at negotiation level, other languages would be a plus.
Essential : CISCO CCNA with daily experience of using this qualification
Desirable : CISCO CCNP Security, Switching and Routing or Service Provider
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).