Airbus Defence and Space Hawthorn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A new Network Engineer opportunity has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space based at either of the Hawthorn or Stevenage sites. You will be reporting into the Head of Systems Engineering working on new network designs and implementations on a Global leading edge service provider network. The successful candidate will be providing solutions for new customer services, and will be a key member of a highly skilled team, expert in the design and implementation of a service provider network. The role holder will be responsible for turning the customer requirements into an assured secure service.
You will be an accomplished engineer with practical experience of implementing a secure network with a telecoms service provider. As part of this we will expect you to maintain appropriate levels of certification, for which support will be provided in financial and study leave terms.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Liaison with customer, design authority and project manager to capture all user and system requirements in order to define the design requirements specification.
· Create full system design extrapolating from high level pre sales design documents and gathered requirements.
· Implement & test the service (including provision of oversight for all installation activities). You will be expected to support installation at any of our customer's sites. As a result overseas travel is expected.
· Development and ownership of documentation required for design reviews, including detailed design document, diagrams, addressing and dialling plans etc.
· Liaising with relevant Network Management Service teams to produce a suitable fault management solution, and or billing solutions as appropriate.
· Lead the VV&T stage of the project coordinating support from other groups as necessary
· Provide support for the service transition into operations, from final install to handover, ensuring that suitable information and awareness are provided to relevant operational staff.
· Supporting Incident Management escalations providing diagnosis and recommendations as required on your service designs.
This role will involve some travel to UK sites and occasional overseas visits. The position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Degree level qualification in Engineering or Telecom Networks topic, or equivalent experience.
· A background in service provider networks
· Must have demonstrable knowledge of, IP, VOIP and MPLS systems.
· Experience in the design and configuration of Firewalls, VPNs, and IDS/IPS solutions
· Proficient in MS Office applications.
· English language at negotiation level, other languages would be a plus.
Essential : CISCO CCNA with daily experience of using this qualification
Desirable : CISCO CCNP Security, Switching and Routing or Service Provider
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).