Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing (MAIT) is the backbone of the creation and delivery of our Space and Military products throughout the World. We manufacture our own parts onsite with revolutionary technology and expertise gathered over years of creating industry leading products. We assemble our parts together with other parts that have been sourced from industry leading providers of the best technical hardware available. We integrate our systems onto our space and military craft and make sure that everything is ready for launch. We test everything (sometimes to breaking point) to make sure that once it leaves the Earth atmosphere it is the best possible product we can create, it will withstand any possible variable and temperature as well as be reliable for as long as the satellite is in operation… sometimes longer than 15 years!
Within MAIT, additive layer manufacturing (ALM) & machine shop business area develop and deliver parts which help shape the future of telecommunication & space exploration.
Due to an increase in workload within ALM & machine shop business area, Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is looking for manufacturing process engineer with background in CATIA CNC programming who will be responsible for process improvements within Additive manufacturing and machining facility to meet customer delivery requirements.
The role will require you to create CNC capability within machine shop and be responsible for supporting additive manufacturing processes to support project manager. This role will require good time management and flexibility to meet to requirements in two business areas.
· Responsible for ALM and machining processes
· Responsible for developing and standardising processes to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost
· Responsible for preparing and delivering ALM orders
· Implementing CATIA V6 CAD/CAM environment in machine shop to meet future customer requirements
· Responsible for creating programs, setting and running trials on CNC machines
· Support quality reviews and root cause analysis as required
· Support digital initiatives – MES system, IoT sensors and help lay the foundation for future data analysis
· Support the Team leader in the maintenance lifecycle
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Top experience skills
· Understanding and experience in mechanical engineering
o To develop processes which meet design requirements
· Experience with CAM environment – able to program CNC machines and understand machining fundamentals
· Experience in LEAN Six Sigma to control and improving processes
· Growth mind-set – eager to learn new processes and future technologies
Desirable – ALM processes, basic programming knowledge in VBA, Python or other language
Top 3 soft skills
· Good time management skills to meet responsibilities
· Good communication skills
· Positive attitude
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).
1352 vacancies open at Airbus
- Jobs in Stevenage
- Engineering / Production Management jobs
- Engineering / Production Management jobs in Stevenage