Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Manual Software Test Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Satcom Network Management Systems (NMS) group.
Your responsibilities will be to provide input to and support Test Reviews as well as supporting the implementation team in the investigation and diagnosis of software issues. You will also be involved in the management of our simulators and testing rigs and environment as well as the process of uploading and verifying new software builds.
You will gain hands-on experience in Software Testing, System Integration Testing and will have the opportunity to deal with challenging situations in a real world example. Also you will have access to a catalogue of training, both online and in person, which will enable you to develop your skills and experience.
Our ideal candidate would be adaptable, a quick learner, and have an eye for detail with strong problem solving abilities. The candidate should be comfortable using their initiative and be self-motivated, as well as enjoying being a key part of our existing team. The candidate must be able to document and report technical information clearly and concisely, and be able to verify problem reports.
This role is based primarily at our Portsmouth site but includes scope to travel across our other UK sites.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Performing Acceptance Testing of our new and existing Software systems.
· Fault Finding, using diagnostic and debugging Tools.
· Writing Test Procedures and Test Reports for the verification of all releases.
· Provide a supporting role in test reviews
· Testing and verifying major components of the Core Airbus Products on remote platforms across different security domains.
· Testing and verifying deliveries by configuring and setting up all necessary equipment in the labs
· Providing support to the other test facilities & live networks either from Portsmouth Lab, at System Test Facilities or on site
· Verifying problem report resolution
· Recording detailed observations and problem reports to support our development team
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· Some experience of software testing of systems
· Experience of Software developments using the Agile methodology
· Experience of writing Test plans and Test procedures from system/sub-system requirements Specifications
· Strong communication skills in order to work in a collaborative team environment
· Knowledge in Software testing using automated techniques
· Integration and fault finding experience with complex systems
· Experience of Network Management Systems
· Understanding of Satellite Network Management System architecture and satellite communication systems
· Knowledge of systems integration
· Knowledge of IP networking and virtualization
· Knowledge of Telecommunication Systems and protocols e.g. IP telephony as well as serial protocols.
· Knowledge of Virtualisation products e.g. VSphere
· Knowledge of SNMP protocol and XML scripts
· Knowledge of IP Networking protocols and router configurations
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).