Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
About our team...
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying school (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE - It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall purpose of the Job
Maintenance Programmes Engineer - Shawbury - UK Military Flying Training System (Rotary Wing) Reports to UK MFTS (RW) Supervisors)
· To support the Technical Services department through the development of Maintenance Programmes in support of the MFTS fleets.
· Maintain and co-ordinate all of the applicable technical publications for the MFTS fleets.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
· Development and update of Maintenance Programme for approval.
· Review all forms of technical information from the Regulatory Authorities and OEMs for incorporation into the relevant approved Maintenance Programmes, including but not limited to the following:
· MSM Ch 4 & 5
· Implement changes to the Maintenance Programmes in the MIS arising from revisions to the AMP.
· Monitor and implement actions arising from applicability requirements ascertained as part of incoming airworthiness data review.
· Support the continuing development of the MIS utilised in Technical Services department.
· Analyse the effectiveness of AMP’s as per the requirements of the AHUK CAME.
· Continual review of aircraft reported defects identifying trends or repetitive defects that may impact the effectiveness of the AMPs.
· Participate in CAME liaison meetings internally and with customers.
· Liaise with the AHUK DO to ensure ICAW data distributed by the DO complements the AMP when incorporated.
· Perform other airworthiness activities as directed by the Technical Services Manager based on workload and task prioritisation within the airworthiness section of the department.
· Other reasonable tasks as required by the Technical Services Manager.
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
· Use of Technical Records, Planning & Maintenance related software applications. (Airbus Helicopters utilise ENVISION applications).
· Comprehensive knowledge / understanding of chapter 4 & 5 requirements as supplied by TC holders and DOs.
· Comprehensive use of Microsoft Office applications.
· Comprehensive understanding of Part M & Part 145 and corresponding MAA regulations.
· Have previously held or be acceptable to the UK CAA to hold a Form 4 positions (ARC Signature)
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
· Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade C or above or equivalent, recognised qualifications (e.g. NVQ, BTEC).
· Human factors training undertaken.
· Recognised Part M Training Course accomplished.
· Recognised Part 145 Training Course accomplished.
The post holder should have the following experience:
· Previous experience in a Maintenance programmes engineering role or Airworthiness Management role essential.
· Knowledge of Airbus Helicopter Products, particularly the EC 135 T3H and BK 117 D-2, and their related MSM’s preferable.
Key performance indicators:
· On Time Delivery of AMPsC
· Continued Regulatory Compliance of AMPs and Technical Publications
· Contribute to >98% Mission Availability of the MFTS Fleets
Other requirements :
· Methodical with acute attention to detail.
· Self-motivated- able to work without supervision and as part of a team.
· Flexible work ethic focused on delivering against agreed timelines.
· Proactive - ability to recognise potential issues and applies remedial action before they raise concern or affect operations.
· Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
Please note this vacancy will close on Sunday 1st November 2020 . After this date the applications will then be reviewed, feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged. Please direct any questions relating to this job posting to email@example.com in the first instance.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.