AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work in our company? Then apply now!
For Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth we are looking for a motivated intern (m/f/d) within our Aerodynamics team as a dedicated support for the duration of 5-6 months.
Start date? 01.04.2021
Working time frame? Full-time with 35 hours per week (in flexitime)
What do we exactly do?
As the Aerodynamics department within Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth we are working on these tasks in particular:
· Contribute to the achievement of all vehicle projects aerodynamic requirements within prescribed time, cost and quality. Ensure that optimized aerodynamic solutions, shapes, models and data are delivered, to programmes and to component integration centers
· Develop expertise in the appropriate use of numerical and experimental aerodynamic prediction tools
· Acquire and develop aerodynamic technologies in a manner consistent with the Company Strategy
· Link with external research community in the field of Aerodynamics and multi-disciplinary air vehicle design and optimization
· Link with all disciplines relevant for physics of flight, such as structures, loads, stability & control and mass properties
What can you expect?
As our intern you should contribute to investigation on numerical approach for the so called 6DoF trimmed complete H/C aeromechanic simulations – consisting on:
· Performing computations or take existing ones run by using the industrial tool chain
· Performing the same computations, but with the new tool chain
· Performing the same computations, but using different external modules
A thorough data analysis will allow us to verify:
· The non-regression of the new tool chain with regard to the current industrialized one
· The difference – if any – between the external modules and their impact on the results
The main focus of your work will therefore include :
· General aerodynamics analysis, tests and simulation, covering aerodynamics, thermal, icing, handling qualities, flight loops and performance
· This internship will be focused on aerodynamics basics: to post process data, perform analysis and prepare synthesis
· We are looking for you as an enrolled student with an aerodynamics profile
· You are curious and motivated to learn and grow on that topic
· You are interested in transnational exchanges
· You speak English and French
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
How to apply?
Just click on the 'apply' button on this page.
Please provide the following documents: cover letter, C.V., relevant certificates, current certificate of enrolment, excerpt from your study regulations/guidelines if it is a compulsory internship.
We look forward to getting to know you!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.