Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Airbus – Brize Norton
Our Team at Brize Norton are on the UK Government’s critical personnel key worker list for ‘public safety and national security’, as the service that we provide is critical to the delivery of key defence outputs and essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our contract with the MOD states we will provide a continuous service to cover on a 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to the Royal Air Force, to maintain and ensure airworthiness of their fleet of aircraft.
Our services include both direct and indirect functions which all work together to provide the airworthiness total service – including maintenance planners; licensed line maintenance engineers; technical services including structures and systems specialists; facilities management; security; and health and safety etc.
The Ground Support System team is responsible to provide a support to the following systems: Maintenance Data System (MDS), Mission Planning and Restitution System (MPRS), Operations Tools Network (OTN) and Personal Identification Device Management Tool (PMT).
· providing on-site/on call technical assistance (24/7), research and liaise with all stakeholders to provide adequate responses to technical queries.
· software support activities, reinstallation and configuration of operating system, database (oracle) and application software.
· troubleshooting of the applications (hardware and Software) as first level of support.
· administration of Microsoft Windows Server environment including Active Directory, McAfee, VMware vSphere, Microsotf Hyper-v, DSF, DNS.
· created and managed clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines and deployed them in test and live environments.
· backup/Restore using data pump and RMAN
· instance Monitoring, Stat pack reports analysis, health check instance review.
· Implement and tuning SQL sentences (DML,DDL) and PL/SQL procedures.
· Database modelling.
· Configured backups and recovery plans for windows based servers using Backup Exec.
· Provide support for users, groups and security access to Active Directory objects including organizational units.
· perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off side as necessary.
· manage Anti-Virus updates; troubleshoot as necessary.
· review daily logs, perform daily tasks and work on team projects as assigned.
· manage user accounts on the system: creations, revocation and reset per request.
· ensure the appropriate configuration of GSD h/w and s/w and apply updates and patches to systems.
· support to other devices/tools (PMATs, NavDB-CT, Toughbook, FLSM, etc)
· work closely with MDS Support team to ensure the solutions (provided by ISS or with local generic scripts) are implemented correctly and the result is as expected.
· attend and support daily meeting with the RAF and HO of the GSS to follow up the customer’s highest priority incidents and agree commitment to actions and deadlines from attendees.
· developing and keeping updated the process and procedures for the GSS departments.
· performing daily checks to the GSS systems. Daily State reports should be generated.
· keep updated the technical publications (Airn@v ,OLB, etc ) in the different servers, PMATs and other required items.
· improve and adapt incident monitoring to meet any change in requirements.
· undertake projects and assignments as directed by the GSS Operations Manager
· support and contribute to any continuous improvement programme.
Due to nature of the work, it is required that the jobholder be able to provide service in shifts and ‘out of office’ support as required by contractual obligations.
The requirements of the role require you to hold a UK passport or a passport issued by a country with which A400M has an export control licence and be able to satisfy the security clearance requirements necessary for access to a UK military establishment, and work in a security sensitive environment
In return we can offer a competitive remuneration package; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.