Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Goods In Quality Inspector
Airbus Location – Brize Norton – Oxfordshire
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join the Airbus Atlas Support Centre UK based at RAF Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
Working closely with our logistic team, and reporting directly to the Logistic Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring quality gates are followed before any item is included on our P145 storage. Within this role you’ll be also be in close contact with our Safety & Compliance and MRO team
Our Team at Brize Norton are on the UK Government’s critical personnel key worker list for ‘public safety and national security’, as the service that we provide is critical to the delivery of key defence outputs and essential to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our contract with the MOD states we will provide a continuous service to cover on a 24 hours, 7 days a week and 365 days a year to the Royal Air Force, to maintain and ensure airworthiness of their fleet of aircraft at home and overseas.
Our services include both direct and indirect functions which all work together to provide the airworthiness total service – including maintenance planners; licensed line maintenance engineers; technical services including structures and systems specialists; facilities management; security; and health and safety etc.
We Are Making A Difference
We have seen an increase in our services during the health crisis including transportation of patients to hospital from remote locations around the country and our services have increased throughout the pandemic. The service that we provide has been highlighted in the media and included a mention in the Prime Minister’s daily update, after we were involved in flying a patient with Covid-19 from Shetland Islands to Aberdeen hospital. Further flights of this nature have happened since, most recently delivering vaccines to Gibraltar and Ascension Island
As part of the Military Aircraft Services business line our Business Continuity plans, COVID-19 measures and response to the company’s financial and HR challenges are governed by TA / TAS and are being closely managed via these routes accordingly.
How will you contribute?
· Receipt and evaluation inspections of complex components and assemblies using pre-set inspection plans
· Ensure compliance with all associated quality procedures, airworthiness control plans, and quality management system requirements
· Using aerospace knowledge and expertise to inspect finished products, thereby ensuring conformance with MAA/FAA/EASA Part 145 specifications and established quality standards, including customer requirements
· Maintain material batch and manufacturer traceability information
· Issue Discrepancy Reports and assisting in the resolution of customer complaints and Supplier quality problems
· Document and record non-conformance process issues concerning business operations
· Represent the Quality Management Department during internal meetings, working committees and modification programs
Skills and Experience
Ideally, you have:
· A minimum of 3 years of knowledge of aircraft operations, materials and practices – we have a very experienced team to support those with the right foundations and the will to learn
· At least 3 years’ experience under MAA Part 145 or EASA Part 145. Part21 experience could be also taken into account
· Knowledge of AS9100 and First Article Inspection
· An associate degree, two years of university or technical school within aerospace engineering, system engineering, electromechanical or similar.
· Logistic or Inventory management experience
· Experience of a customer facing role in either a military or civilian aviation environment
· Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Working knowledge of a QMS system for logistics operations and regulatory requirements for control of inventory
The following certifications would be an advantage:
· MAA/ EASA or equivalent Part 145 Certification
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation
What We Offer
You will work in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment where your proven experience, expertise and knowledge directly impacts day-to-day business operations. You will benefit from joining a dynamic and international team where your expertise will grow by the day and will be supported with professional training.
Come Join Our Team!
If your profile matches with our requirements and you are interested in joining our dynamic team of professionals across a transnational business, you can apply providing your CV and covering letter outlining your motivation.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to participate fully in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subject to a UK SC Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share, an ever-growing list of company benefits including: enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.