Airbus DS Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity to join us as an FPGA Engineer in Newport. The FPGA Engineer is responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated FPGA Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
In this position you will be responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified product and customer requirements, by;
· Analysing requirements, specifying and documenting the FPGA solution and work breakdown.
· Preparing FPGA architectural and detailed designs and documentation.
· FPGA design generation and implementation.
· FPGA design verification.
· Integration of FPGAs onto the target platform.
· Providing FPGA technical support.
Tasks you can expect to undertake in this role will include;
· All FPGAs are designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients Defence and Space standards.
· Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated FPGA development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
· Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise. The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them.
· Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
· The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
· Report to Team Leader as appropriate.
· Effective collaboration with other engineering disciplines to agree specifications and to carry out integration and test.
· Co-ordinate own time management with regard to project task milestones.
· The focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
· Analytical – To identify and isolate errors in the FPGA or integrated target platform, their likely causes and solutions.
· Ingenuity – To work with autonomy on a complete FPGA design from concept to delivery.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
As the successful candidate you must have the following;
· Experienced engineer with good FPGA development process knowledge
· Experience of FPGA design and implementation
· Recent design experience of devices from Altera / Microsemi / Xilinx
· Adaptability to deliver successfully both autonomously and as a team
· Excellent communication, both oral and written
· Proficient in VHDL; a simulation and FPGA synthesis tool
Recent experience of using at least one of the following tools/development environments:
o Altera Quartus II
o Mentor ModelSim
o MicroSemi Libero IDE
o Microsemi Libero SoC
o Xilinx Vivado
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).
1310 vacancies open at Airbus
- Jobs in Newport
- Engineering / Production Management jobs
- Engineering / Production Management jobs in Newport