Airbus Helicopters SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job :
An opportunity for an Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solution Architect and Expert (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane.
The Airbus Helicopters Group embraces the challenges of digitalization.
Today, the Information Management (IM) directorate is contributing to its transformation, which is one of the key company objectives.
The Product Service Line 'Extended Enterprise' participates actively to these challenges, providing Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions which enable Airbus Helicopters Suppliers, Partners, Customers and employees to access AH Information Systems & services from their premises, in-line with stringent commitments on service level agreements and Security company policies.
Within the IM 'Technology services' domain, you belong to the multifunctional team of the Extended Enterprise Product Service Line . You will be welcomed in a dynamic and empowered team, where team work and solidarity are key values!
As Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solution Architect and Expert , you will have in charge the design and the build of the technical architecture of Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions. You will bring your expertise in projects and will integrate Extended Enterprise solutions with strong added value build upon user requirements. You will participate to the Extended Enterprise & Virtual Desktop Infrastructure technological strategy and to the continuous improvement of the Extended Enterprise infrastructure & services as well as their delivery and deployment.
At Airbus group level, you will act as the Airbus Helicopters representative in the Airbus Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure architecture definition and consolidation.
In this role, you will be at the heart of Airbus transformation, by designing and building key Extended Enterprise and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions with your technical expertise, within an international context.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities are the followings:
- To analyze the technological, technical and commercial requirements of the needs,
- To define on a detailed way the technical architecture of the Extended Enterprise & Virtual Desktop Infratsructure solutions and to follow-up their implementation in close collaboration with the production and project teams.
- To integrate and support the technical team during the integration phases,
- To participate to the definition of the technological orientation axes of both infrastructure and services in close relation with the operation and development team.
- You support / contribute to digital initiatives while being a force of proposals,
- You propose innovative solutions to improve scalability and reliability as well as costs optimization in accordance with the Extended Enterprise Services objectives.
- You bring expertise while being involved in projects according to the Information Management Master Plan.
- You take part in Airbus Group consolidation projects as well as Cyber security projects.
- You contribute to the delivery and deployment of the Extended Enterprise solution & Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products and services in close collaboration with the Extended Enterprise solution & Virtual Desktop Infrastructure products managers.
Your main interfaces will be:
- IM organization: IM Project Managers, IM Security, Technology services Product Service Lines (in particular Connectivity, Digital Workplace, Identity & Access Management, Hosting, Cloud&Automation).
- Airbus Helicopters Businesses and Customer Centers (22 subsidiaries worldwide) representatives,
- All other Airbus divisions,
Required skills :
Our Extended Enterprise solutions are based on several technologies and solutions to answer to the end to end business needs. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure is one of the key technology product enabling our internal and external users to access Airbus applications and resources.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some of the following skills and competencies:
- Master’s degree level (or equivalent) in Information Technology or related field.
- Very good knowledge of Desktops and Application virtualization (Citrix, VMWare), Daas. Knowledge of virtualization in 3D context will be a plus.
- Experience in Architecture Design and good knowledge of the overall architecture of the SI.
- Experience in IT operational environment ensuring the vision and the integration on the IT landscape.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS,...).
- Knowledge of the current and last emerging servers/storage technologies and market offer (hyperconverged/...).
- Good understanding of Network interconnection solutions.
- Experience in working in agile mode and/or DevOps environment
- Good understanding of business requirements, customer service oriented and focus on quality deliverables.
- Natural ability to sum up, structure and vulgarize highly technical topics
-Analyze and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and team spirit mindset with a good sense of curiosity and desire to learn for yourself and others.
- French negotiation level.
- English negotiation level.
This role will involve some regular travelling in Europe and as such you will need to be able to travel accordingly.
This position is offered on a local contract only.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.