Unique opportunity to get an exciting job in an attractive working environment linked to aerodynamic models and wind tunnel tests!
You are passionate about precision mechanics, you are attracted by the development of unique and complex prototypes heavily equipped with instrumentation and various types of sensor, the transition from theory to practice at the workshop is not a showstopper for you. Here you are ! Come and join the experimental aerodynamics Toulouse team !
Thanks to your practical mindset you will be in charge of the mechanical integration of mock-up components and sub-assemblies in order to build the reduced scale model ready for wind tunnel tests. We are talking here about prototype with a high level of accuracy.
This integration task includes as well the installation of all the instrumentation necessary for the measurements made during the wind tunnel tests, from calibration to final validation.
Knowledge of the Catia design tool could be an additional asset, as well as fundamentals of metrology.
You might not match 100% of these requirements. It is not a showstopper. We will be pleased to help you in your development.
The main tasks & responsabilities of this position will be:
· to contribute within the rigger team to the mechanical integration of each elementary model components
· component after component, to build the overall model
· to take in charge the instrumentation, and its integration on the model
· to make the link with the designer team on detail points of the model
· to support final model inspection before delivery to the wind tunnel
Educated to a 2-year degree (BTS/DUT), you should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
· "mechanically minded", aware of safety aspects and able to recognise what you can do and cannot do
· comfortable when moving from practice (workshop) to theory, and reverse
· proactive, quick and autonomous in operating and responding to issues
· organized and clear in communication
· good at anticipating and dealing with administrative tasks
· good, practical problem solving skills
· versatility, a willingness to learn from different tasks around the primary job
· Avanced level of Englis
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Operations SAS
Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Entry Level / Débutant / Anfänger / Recién titulado
Assembly & Integration
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com .
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.