AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
We are looking for a System Engineer (Cyber Security) within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting to the SDA (Senior Design Authority) the system engineer will collaborate with a team of Software, Hardware, Mechanical and FPGA engineers to deliver High Grade Crypto and Key Management solutions and will provide 'system level' thinking and solutions to the team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· You will have responsibility for the certification and authorisation of aspects of requirements devolvement, design, design proving, manufacture, integration and testing.
· You will have the responsibility for preparation, updating and custody of the system/architectural specifications, drawings and other data associated with the design.
· You will assist with design compliance with applicable product liability issues in liaison with designated company authorities.
· You will have responsibilities for ensuring effective engineering processes are utilised in the execution of the project.
· You will use appropriate tools and techniques to design and develop equipment to the Airbus Defence and Space standards and specification requirements.
· You will be involved in the development of the engineering department functions and procedures.
Skills and Experience
· You will possess a fundamental understanding of the Systems Engineering process, coupled with experience of applying your skills within a complex technical environment.
· You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and application of contemporary Systems Engineering practices and methods and have the ability to apply relevant Systems Engineering methodologies and toolsets.
· Being able to apply 'Systems Thinking' to problems at a technical, project or enterprise level is highly desirable.
· INCOSE – ASEP/CSEP/ESEP Certification would be desirable
· Ideally suited to a Software Engineering background preferably within C# or C+ expertise.
In return we can offer a great compensation package with annual profit share; a growing list of company benefits and career development options across our transnational, market leading company
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.