Description de l'offre
Cyber Security Manufacturing Technician
Airbus DS Newport
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and critical national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We deliver reliable cyber security products and services that meet the highest requirements and protect you against cyber threats.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that dynamically aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their business needs with cyber security products and services.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Cyber Security Manufacturing Technician has arisen within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport.
This position can offer you:
· Challenging tasks in a company with some of the most innovative cyber security technology and services
· Integration into an international network of cyber security experts across and outside of Europe
· Participation in Europe-wide projects as prime supplier
· Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
· An attractive company pension scheme
· Airbus Group success share scheme
· An extensive range of additional benefits, such as car options, travel insurance for the whole family, child care vouchers, etc.
· Flexible working hours
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Survey, test and repair of a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures
· Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test
· Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to
· Coordinate and lead the necessary activities to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested effectively
· Ensure that cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks
· Carry out manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering for initial build of complex communications
· Repair PCB's to IPC standards
· Manage critical spares stock of components, Line Replaceable Items (LRIs), parts, tools, Test Equipment systems and
Special-to -Type-Test Equipment (STTE)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the following skills and experience:
· Qualified to A-Level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications
· Hands-on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies
· Experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication
products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build / test
· Experience in assembly and inspection to IPC standards (IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-620, IPC-A-610)
· Self-motivated and results-driven
· Fluent English
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you