Airbus Defence and Space SAU
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
A vacancy for a Control System Engineer for UCS of Eurofighter has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe but located in TURIN .
The successful applicant will join Engineering Department .
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
The EFA System is comprised of four major Systems:
- Avionics System (AVS)
- Flight Control System (FCS)
- Utilities Control System (UCS)
- Propulsion System (PRP)
All the activities related to UCS are coordinated by the Utilities Joint Team (UJT). This joint team is an international group of people who come from the different Eurofighter Partner Companies (EPCs): Leonardo Company, Airbus D&S (Spain and Germany) and BAE Systems. The UJT is allocated in Leonardo facilities (Corso Marche, Turin, Italy).
The job holder will become part of the UJT and his/her main responsibilities will be the Spanish representative in UJT and will be responsable of:
• Be the Spanish representative in the UJT. Under this role, the job holder will have to ensure fluent communication between the UJT and those Systems Design Responsibles (SDRs) of UCS subsystems allocated in Airbus D&S Spain (i.e. Environmental Control System (ECS)).
• Participate actively in the UJT activities. The task allocation within the UJT will be designed by the UJT team leader, based on the previous experience of the UJT members.
• Participate in the UCS Progress Review (UPR) meetings, if requested by the UJT team leader.
Support the Systems Engineering process, culture, competency and discipline, on day-to-day business activities, enabled by adequate Methods & Tools (M&T) products and services. This support spans all aspects of the system lifecycle.
Required skills :
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level in Engineering
• Experience as Control System Engineer 3-5 years
• English advanced
• Spanish will be valuable
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.