Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Head of Series Wing Design Engineering has a dedicated Resource Management Team to manage the internal headcount in the business, develop the skills and competences of the internal staff to meet current and future needs.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Competence and Resource Management team, focusing on the management and leadership of various projects and initiatives to improve the organization. This will include working with the skill leaders to evaluate skills gaps and identify then enact solutions, as well as working with the ESW engineering teams to develop resource scenario plans to meet future business needs.
Working within the Competence and Resource Management team you will be required to ensure best practice and common processes are deployed across the business. You will also be required to ensure impacted teams adhere to applicable standards and processes, while challenging the approach and strategy where needed.
Internships at Airbus
· Manage headcounts reports
· Manage work experience days for school children
· Project management of various initiatives focussed on team developments and resource management
· Support the team in the development of scenario plans for the launch of potential aircraft variants
· Present options as required to support the business
· Support the team in the analysis of skills required to support the current and future scenarios for aircraft programmes
· Support the team in the development of actions to close skill gaps identified above
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the internship studying towards a degree in a Business/ Operational Management (or similar)
· Able to demonstrate the use of robust Project Management tools and techniques
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
· Understanding of Knowledge Management philosophy, methods and tools would be an advantage
Must also be able to exhibit the following behaviours:-
· Be customer focused, by engaging and integrating well with your programme area to understand current issues and deliver results with a sense of urgency
· Comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and remain professional at all times
· Energetic, Assertive and able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour appropriately to resolve conflict successfully
· Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and listener with strong influencing skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to expedite tasks in a firm and diplomatic manner
· Ability to challenge the norm whilst convincingly inspiring and motivating end-users
· Ability to exercise appropriate discretion/ manage commercially sensitive data
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).