Description de l'offre
Commodity Intern - 12 Months
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: July 2019
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The Commodity group based in Portsmouth is responsible for the complete sourcing of Payload equipment and products to be used of a number of platforms across all business lines for Airbus Defence and Space; this includes Telecommunication, Earth Observation and Navigation Satellites (GEO/MEO/LEO orbits), High Altitude Pseudo Satellites (HAPS) and Satellites constellations. The group also provides support and market knowledge for ground and airborne products.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
· Provide support in Commodity Management tasks through active management of internal knowledge repositories.
· Provide support for market surveys, including documenting supplier data in terms of their capability, financial information, and organisation
· Management of market cost database that could be used for both standard and non-standard products.
· Survey the market for upcoming conferences and highlighting potential companies of potential interest.
· Support to tendering and supplier selection processes in line with business needs.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
· Inter-personal skill to work effectively with the team
· Ability to work independently
· Pro-active attitude and positive engagement towards learning in a technical environment
· Organisation skills
· Professional attitude that will be reflected towards external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.