Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
This role can be based at the Newport OR Newcastle OR Guildford office.
Looking to assist us in our Cloud adventure and transformation? Always had your head in the clouds and want to be a key player in developing cloud strategy, cloud solutions and build processes? Looking for an ever changing, high profile company who are passionate about cloud and not just because it's a 'buzz word'? Then this is the role for you!
As a Cloud Architect, you will be the focal point for all new Cloud requirements and actions - which means you have the power to make a difference and possibly to harness clouds!
Airbus Space and Defence - Intelligence is a leading provider of optical and satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space provides high value-added solutions including satellite data & geographical information acquisition and processing, operational emergency planning systems, geo-information, risk analysis, consultancy, data management and hosting.
We are looking for an Architect with the ability to design and develop the cloud based solutions required by geo-spatial projects using in-house or cloud infrastructure. You will be participating and contributing to the companies cloud products and services portfolio design and development. This position is essential for Airbus digital services and transformation.
This role requires occasional UK and European travel.
Tasks & accountabilities
• Analyse stakeholder needs
• Develop, analyse, trace and allocate system requirements
• Augment architectural principles (e.g. selection of methodologies, tools etc.)
• Lead the technical architecture, integration and deployment of the IT solution and the related cloud infrastructure.
• Design and plan a cloud solution architecture using appropriate paradigm IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
• Manage and provision of the cloud solution infrastructure including all aspect related to processing, storage, networking, high-availability, resilience, performance, and backup.
• Design for security and compliance with a good understanding of “security by design”
• Analyse and optimize technical and business processes
• Ability to understand the big picture and work closely with system architects, service managers and project manager as a team.
You will be provided with guidance and support in order to serve as a Subject Matter Expert regarding System Cloud Computing and ultimately Cloud Architecture expertise within Airbus.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Solid foundation on cloud computing including understanding of the cloud technology, cloud architecture and how to design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions and services hosted in the cloud.
• Proficient in all aspects of solution development including implementation details, developing prototypes, and architectural best practices.
• Experienced in multi-tiered distributed applications which span multi-cloud or hybrid environments.
• Experience in integration framework, applications server and messaging systems
• Experience in Service oriented (SOA) and micro-services architecture
As we are growing our Cloud team, we are mainly looking for people who are Cloud passionate, wanting to make a difference and to bring fresh, value added, ideas to the table.
As such we're not precious about the technology, as we can train you on the ones you're missing. However… We're currently looking for someone who has experience of ONE of the following and the interest in learning about the rest!
• AWS (Amazon Web Services)
• Rackspace Cloud
• IBM Cloud
• Google Cloud
Any experience with the following would be of interest, however we will provide training: Big data, data analytics, OpenShift, Geospatial, GIS, Geo mapping servers or ESRI
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.