Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: July 2019
Location: Portsmouth or Stevenage
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging intern co-ordinator opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
Part of the Airbus Defence & Space division, the Communications, Intelligence & Security (CIS) is the one-stop shop combining leading edge technologies and proven solutions for secure communication, intelligence, cyber & security solutions for governments, institutions, large commercial organisations, private business & individuals.
CIS Quality are a diverse multi-functional team who assure the integrity of deliveries & service provision and identify & implement opportunities to optimise our business to enhance quality, cost, schedule performance. This intern opportunity will see you delivering key packages of work whilst offering interaction with a broad spectrum of departments in the business. Such an opportunity will aid your development of a grounded and tangible toolkit of transferable skills and increase your experience and network in an international environment.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Lead the ongoing management of CIS Quality Hub; coordinate with the Quality teams to establish their requirements and material & implement performance measures to monitor effectiveness
· Lead the CIS Process Effectiveness reviews; Manage the schedule and validation of key processes, consolidate the results and provide analysis back to key stakeholders. Monitor action implementation & provide reporting and to deliver more streamlined and effective processes
· Support the implementation of the CIS Quality Performance Management approach; deliver analysis & reports & support the implementation of recommendations, delivering more effective data for decision making
· Support the deployment of the CIS Quality Development Programme for CIS Quality staff & the business to aid knowledge transfer and improve competencies across the team, and raise the profile of the Quality team throughout the business
· Representing CIS on Transversal projects – such as the divisional automated reporting tool which will deliver more streamlined reporting to the Executive committee for effective decision making.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
· Technical or business education
· Good IT skills especially MS Office
· Able to work with multi-function, multi-national teams
· Good analytical & communication skills
· Adaptable & self-driven
· International experience would be a plus
· Fluent in English, French and German appreciated
· Experience in a quality environment desirable
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.