Description de l'offre
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
The Change and Performance Team is responsible for the implementation of Change and Improvement activities across Series Wing Engineering (ESW) and the delivery of Operational Performance support to the Engineering Teams.
The purpose of this role will be to support to the various ESW Enabling Teams, primarily focusing on co-ordinating / overseeing project management elements of various Engineering Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives as part of the extended Business Transformation network developed within the ESW organisation. You will act as a support to the overall project management of the improvement portfolio to enable effective and efficient delivery of improvement projects and the successful applicant will become part of the support team for the Change Platform Leader for a specific business area.
Working as part of both the ESW Change Platform Team you will be required to ensure best practice and common ESW Project Management approaches are used in the management and deployment of the improvement portfolio across a number of ESW Teams. The individual must ensure the teams adhere to applicable process and standards, whilst challenging the approach and strategy where required.
In addition to this, there is the opportunity to become trained in and to gain experience of using Lean and continuous improvement tools to support the business.
Tasks & accountabilities
The individual will be required to:
· Support the management of local portfolio of improvement activities whilst incorporating customer requirements and supporting the Change Platform Leader within a programme area
· Support the ESW Change Platform Reviews that :-
· Engages with employees improvement ideas that are reviewed and supported by the management team.
· Review the status of improvement ideas, takes corrective action if required, prioritises new ideas and provides support
· Aligns the enabling functions (Quality, Lean, Business Management, Skills Axis) to have a joint improvement plan shared across every programmes and site.
· Shares best practice and ensures that recognition and reward of the employees.
· Generate and deliver required presentations to effectively communicate the Change Platform Leader role within the business
· Support the Enabling Teams in developing and deploying a Business Level Change Plan within your accountable area to develop a continuous improvement culture
· Support the engagement of ESW employees and Improvement Project Leaders by monitoring of savings/improvements regularly reporting local progress to stakeholders
· Provide general project support and coordination using Change Platform Team standards to ensure successful project deployment
· Encourage and promote the use of CI philosophy in the business
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement studying towards a Business related degree.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following Experience/ knowledge/ skills:-
· Ideally Project Management Experience
· Previous experience as a Project Manager
· Able to demonstrate the use of robust Project Management tools and techniques
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
· Understanding of Knowledge Management philosophy, methods and tools would be an advantage
· Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques
Must also be able to exhibit the following behaviours:-
· Be customer focused, by engaging and integrating well with your programme area to understand current issues and deliver results with a sense of urgency
· Comfortable working at all levels of the organisation and remain professional at all times
· Energetic, Assertive and able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour appropriately to resolve conflict successfully
· Excellent communicator (both written and oral) and listener with strong influencing skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to expedite tasks in a firm and diplomatic manner
· Ability to challenge the norm whilst convincingly inspiring and motivating end-users
· Ability to exercise appropriate discretion/ manage commercially sensitive data