C-series Buyer, Aerostructure Procurement
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A very exciting opportunity has arisen at Airbus Filton to work on the Bombardier C-series programme as a Buyer (Aerostructure Procurement).
The Airbus-Bombardier partnership brings together two complementary product lines, within the 100-150 seat market segment expected to represent more than 6,000 new aircraft over the next 20 years.
This exciting new aerospace partnership brings together Airbus' global reach and scale with Bombardier's newest, state-of-the-art jet aircraft family, positioning both partners to fully unlock the value of the C Series platform and create significant new value for customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders.
In close alignment with the Lead Buyer and MFT Leader, the jobholder is accountable for:
· Contract management for the products and/or suppliers under his/her responsibility.
· Developing strong working relationships with suppliers under his/her responsibility.
· Support robust cross-functional, collaborative working relationships between Airbus Procurement and internal team, as well as supplier based teams.
· Providing the best purchasing conditions for Airbus for the products and/or suppliers under his/her responsibility.
· Delivering the value creation and cost saving projects within his/her scope of activity.
· Leading Work Package teams for the products and/or suppliers under his/her responsibility and ensure consistency with the Multi Functional Team.
· Delivering the Procurement Plan within his/her scope of responsibilities.