Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
The role will require strong business development and analytical skills in order to be able to support the strategy & Innovation team to investigate new market, new product and new business model potential with the aim of increasing the value that Landing Gear adds to the wider Airbus business.
The successful candidate will be required to work with teams throughout the different Airbus functions and will gain a good understanding of the wider business outside of Landing Gear.
All Strategic topics will fall under the responsibility of the strategy team but examples include:
· Value Chain Positioning
· Future competence needs
· Global footprint
· Digitalisation Strategy
· New business development – including services strategy
· Business Models and Collaborations
· Innovation Strategy & portfolio management
Internships at Airbus
The intern will support all of the following activities:
· Work as part of the wider strategy team to support the creation of the Landing Gear strategy roadmap and maintain/refresh at increasing resolution over time to optimize strategy in the near (3yr), mid (5yr) and long (10yr) term
· Support the team to ensure alignment of the Landing Gear strategy with the wider Engineering and Airbus business strategies whilst ensuring that external market moves/advances/drivers are understood, considered and addressed
· Support timely communication and cascade of the strategic vision and resultant activities to the Landing Gear Business and wider Airbus business
· Support market intelligence gathering activities to inform strategic choices and drive development of the Landing Gear business
· Support business development activities through workshop coordination and project management
· Support the development of project proposals/pitch supported by robust business cases to secure the launch and sponsorship of strategic projects
The workload in the Strategy & Innovation department is expected to rise over the next year as we continue to establish the team and therefore the role of the intern will be to support and enable this growth and team development.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the internship.
The following degrees are highly relevant to Landing Gear CoC Engineering:
· Aeronautical, Aerospace or Space Engineering
· Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology
· Digital technology
· Data Science and Analytics
· Operations Management
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).