Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus Zephyr is at the leading edge of technology and constantly looking for improvements and new developments to enhance this HAPS (High Altitude Pseudo Satellite) capability. Airbus Defence and Space are looking for a Battery Product Development Engineer to assist in development and delivery of power storage solutions within a production environment for its Zephyr aircraft.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
As part of the Zephyr Power team, you will be working with the wider Zephyr aircraft system and sub-system teams to develop and deliver safe and efficient electrical power storage solutions to time, cost and quality.
[Comprising battery assemblies; solar arrays; electronics and Ground Support Equipment to store and maintain battery assemblies].
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Working with both internal and external stakeholders, develop solutions that will satisfy regulatory safety requirements within a flight operations and aircraft maintenance environment.
· Lead / support the development of design solutions through the execution of effective engineering plans of work (design, development and verification), including the transition into recurring production.
· Analyse and evaluate battery data as related to cell usage, performance, and life.
· Work with suppliers to analyse cell level performance and degradation over life.
· Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls; support development of battery management systems
· Support anomaly investigations and their resolution, in accordance with internal non-conformance control process.
· Provide technical support to supplier activities through their development, verification and production activities (including approving test plans and procedures, review test results, evaluate design changes)
· Support the definition development and evaluation plans for next generation power system solutions for Zephyr, including emerging cell technology for application in the HAPS environment
· Accountable to the Head of Engineering
· No direct reports.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
· A degree in Engineering or a relevant science subject.
· Proven experience of developing new product solutions for cutting edge applications.
· Experience in the application of DFx during development is highly desirable.
· Experience in establishing effective test and verification plans, equipment and methods is highly desirable.
· Experience of taking solutions through New Product Introduction (NPI) phases with a similar technology would be advantageous.
· Direct experience with analysing/evaluating battery technology designs and data is desirable. In particular, in the field of advanced Lithium based chemistry batteries.
· Experience with data analysis software (e.g. MATLAB or similar) is desirable.
· Self-motivated, proactive, team-oriented and willing to take on challenges.
· Proven track record of delivering to time, cost and quality
· Able to constructively influence wider team functions, suppliers and customers.
· Good written & verbal communication skills,
· Some travel may be required.