Airbus ExO Autonomy SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of Airbus UpNext
Founded in 2017, Airbus UpNext is actively shaping the future of aerospace by using flight demonstrators to evaluate, mature, and validate new products and services.
Designed as a talent incubator, Airbus UpNext is a place where we want you to act and think like in a startup environment, while building on the strong expertise and capabilities of Airbus. Airbus UpNext is theplace where you are empowered to challenge and test new processes and ways of working.
Our mission is:
· To identify the trends that could disrupt the future of the aerospace industry and evaluate them to demonstrate their potential as a viable product.
· To accelerate traditional research cycles and prototype development to achieve proof of concept in a real environment and at a convincing scale and speed.
· To develop real-world applications for emerging aerospace technologies, thereby driving their maturity and increasing their value.
· To be THE reference for Technology Value Assessment
Our Values: #Keep it Simple #Act as one Team #Be Audacious
Our DNA: #Speed of Execution #Bold Experimentation #Outward Looking
Description of Airbus Upnext DragonFly Demonstrator
As a newly launched UpNext flight demonstrators, DragonFly is to pave the way for autonomous flights on commercial aircraft.
Among other goals Airbus UpNext DragonFly aims to demonstrate the ability to safely execute flight functions, such as flight continuation and landing, as well as to collect in-service video and audio data.
The many outcomes of this demonstration will contribute to the commercial realization of autonomous aircraft.
Time is a major dimension for innovation. On top of many exciting technical challenges, this demonstration has to be achieved in less than 30 months.
Team spirit, proactivity, and pragmatism will be the key ingredients to make this unique journey successful.
Airbus UpNext DragonFly team is searching for an IT Infrastructure and Network Architect (m/f) to set up the IT means which will support the collection of in-service video and audio data and the subsequent software development.
The Airbus UpNext DragonFly IT Infrastructure and Network will cover three main purposes:
· Data Center
· Services for software development and massive testing
· Networking: connectivity with other IT infrastructures
As such, the jobholder will have to:
· Benchmark existing solutions (state of the art) and select the most appropriate for the demonstrator
· Ensure the set-up of the IT infrastructure and the connectivity between different networks with different policies
· Liaise with:
· “Customers” of the infrastructure to refine the exact needs (Dragonfly referents, operational actors)
· DragonFly software engineers
· Wayfinder infrastructure and software engineers
· Drumbeat the internal activities and partners contributing to the infrastructure development
· Act as DragonFly representative in contributing to other IT infrastructure development projects
· Oversee supplier activities
· Manage priorities in order to ensure that the infrastructure and the network connectivity solution are developed and deployed on time, meet target requirements and quality, and are in line with the overall project schedule.
· Support the set-up and execution of validation sessions
· Follow change-control procedures to migrate changes into production environment
· Establish and document implemented solutions to ensure IT assets are properly secured and protected, and that the solution complies with the company’s standards and policies
· Install, configure and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
· Oversee software and network security in line with company’s policies
· Coordinate troubleshooting to fix IT infrastructure and network issues.
Duration of the mission:
The mission will last till mid 2022.
Your Boarding Pass:
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
· Master’s degree in IT and/or computer science
· Experience in cloud, server and data centers architecture set-up, configuration, and maintenance
· Experience in network and communication set-up and maintenance
· Experience with IT security
· Experience with enterprise-level data science, analysis, automation, and providing data-focused system integration solutions
· Understanding of current state and future trends in data architecture, IoT connectivity, data integration, cloud computing, and data analytics
· Troubleshooting skills
· Negotiation level in English is required
· Knowledge dealing with suppliers
· Knowledge in software development and integration.
· Passionate about exploring new areas and quickly implementing innovative ideas and concepts
· Critical thinker that takes on big challenges to create innovative solutions. You are an enterprising person, flexible and capable of adapting to changing environments
· Able to self-manage and yet a team-player
· Impatient with a burning desire to execute rapidly, without compromising neither safety nor ethics nor compliance
· You have and share the values of transparency, courage, humility, empathy, and care for the others
· Hands-on person, solution oriented and communicative
· You are willing to have fun.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.