AIRBUS Defence and Space Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Software Engineer - C++
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Software Engineer – C++ within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK DV level.
As the Software Engineer – C++ you will report directly to the Software Team Lead for performing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
Tasks and Accountabilities
The Software Engineer designs, implements, and integrates a software module or component as directed by the Software Team Lead, this will include the production of full design documentation and UML models associated with the software module.
Your main tasks will include:
· Design and develop software products for the management and distribution of cryptographic information, certificates and essential material, and for managing cryptographic systems and devices protecting critically sensitive national and commercial information.
· Software products must achieve the required safety, security, quality and performance levels according to Airbus software engineering processes and the needs of our customers.
· Contribute across the full development life-cycle for custom cryptographic products and systems, in collaboration with systems, hardware, FPGA and verification engineers
· Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints Tools, methodologies and coding standards are applied to achieve project aims, following direction from the team lead.
· Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices and acquired technical expertise.
· Reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks arising from allocated Work Packages
· Design, implementation of allocated software modules or components to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
· Be familiar with software development methodologies
· Real-time software design in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++. (preference will be given to those with STRONG C++)
· Understand object-oriented programming
· Familiar with design and architectural patterns
· Object-oriented analysis, design using UML or similar methodologies.
· Experience of software configuration management
· Experience of full project life-cycle
· Experience of Requirements Management
· Familiarity with a Linux environment
· Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
In return we can offer a competitive remuneration package; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.