Description de l'offre
Application / Infrastructure Support Engineer - IT
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a IT Support Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
It is an exciting time to join the Information Management (IM) Team. IM is the Information Technology (IT) business enabler and unique IM Business Partner for Airbus Defence and Space.
As a central function, IM is involved in all business processes and enables technical as well as management careers. IM covers a wide range of state-of-the-art technologies and positions ranging from IT infrastructure, application support to governance or strategic consultancy. Especially for young talents IM offers best conditions for a successful career in an advanced and forward-looking environment. Working in IM means living global trends (developments) such as digitalisation, innovation and a new way of working.
Are you passionate for enabling solutions in IT, and working in an international environment exploring the latest technologies? Then, join us as an engineering support specialist.
As part of the Engineering Solutions team in IT, you will be responsible for providing operational and project based IT support to engineering communities based in the UK specialised in product design and analysis, electronics and electrical tools, simulation, systems and software engineering. You will troubleshoot, respond to enquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you will lead or participate in key engineering projects and contribute to the documentation efforts. You are highly technical and are comfortable with problem solving in multiple operating systems (Windows and Linux variants) and a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, servers). You will occasionally partner with various peer teams including security, networks and infrastructure, as well as other engineering teams in Europe.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Lead infrastructure and software projects and coordinate the necessary technical deliveries in partnership with peer teams in IT.
· Participate in the successful implementation of future technologies involving digital trends.
· Manage/coordinate the delivery of key IT services for engineering groups.
· Provide user support and administration for engineering tools, their deployment and licensing on Linux and Windows.
· Manage the configuration and deployment of workstations and servers to meet the needs of various engineering groups.
· Assist in the design and management of specific development networks.
· Support complex server equipment for managing both physical and virtual resources.
· Work with vendors and technical support organisations to coordinate troubleshooting process for all hardware and software related issues in a timely manner.
· Support the procurement process and use of internal tools for hardware and software acquisition as required.
· Maintain systems to current IT security standards including patching and hardening tasks.
· Travel occasionally to participate in local and European operational improvement workshops.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Knowledge of application deployment including client-server components.
· Experience in Linux/Windows integration including SSH, LDAP, Kerberos, NFS, NTP. . (Knowledge of AIX is advantageous)
· Experience of working in a project environment in IT, including requirements capture and activity planning.
· Previous experience of a customer facing role with strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
· Sound understanding of good security practice and configuration.
· Knowledge of virtualisation technologies (e.g. VMware, Citrix).
· Understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
· Basic scripting (e.g. BASH, PERL, PowerShell).
· Use of relational databases including SQL.
· BA/BS Degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
+++ If you do not have the relevant experience with these technical skills, systems, and technologies, please refrain from applying for this role +++