Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
About our team...
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying School (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE - It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall purpose of the Job
· Provide Part “M” Airworthiness Support Function within the Technical Services Department.
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
· Periodical review of Aircraft Maintenance Programmes against fleet Maintained Aircraft.
· Implement/validate changes to the Maintenance Programmes in the MI’s arising from revisions to the AMP ensure compliance against aircraft configuration.
· Monitor and implement actions arising from applicability requirements ascertained as part of incoming airworthiness data review.
· Assist with the review of all forms of technical information from the Regulatory Authorities, and OEMs in a timely and consistent manner, this will include, but is not limited to the following: Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and Major/Minor Modifications.
· Undertake reviews of incoming aircraft transferring aircraft onto AHUK Maintenance programmes or operator derived programmes defining bridging requirements to ensure compliance against the approved maintenance programme.
· Produce customer presentations based on analysis of the effectiveness of approved maintenance programmes based on the preceding 12 months of fleet operations.
· Generate AD/SB compliance reports periodically or as required to support Aircraft Audits and Airworthiness Reviews.
· Provide a proactive approach to repetitive defect analysis and reporting.
· Perform other airworthiness activities as directed by the Technical Services Supervisor based on workload and task prioritisation within the airworthiness section of the department.
· Other reasonable tasks as required by the Technical Services Manager.
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
· Use of Technical Records, Planning & Maintenance related software applications. (Airbus Helicopters utilise ENVISION application).
· Comprehensive knowledge / understanding of chapter 4 & 5 requirements as supplied by TC holders and DO’s.
· Comprehensive understanding of Part M & Part 145 and corresponding BCAR regulations.
· Knowledge of Airbus Helicopter Products and their related ALS and MSM’s.
· Comprehensive use of Microsoft Office applications.
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
· Minimum 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above or equivalent recognised qualifications (e.g. NVQ, BTEC).
· Human factors training undertaken.
· Recognised Part M Training Course accomplished.
· Recognised Part 145 Training Course accomplished.
The post holder should have the following experience:
· Previous experience in a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation role or as B1.3 certifying staff.
Key performance indicators:
· To be developed.
Other requirements :
· Methodical with acute attention to detail.
· Self-motivated - able to work without supervision and as part of a team.
· Flexible work ethic focused on delivering against agreed timelines.
· Proactive - ability to recognise potential issues and applies remedial action before they raise concern or affect operations.
· Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
Please note this vacancy will close on 12th March 2021. After this date the applications will then be reviewed, Feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.