Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
bout our team...
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying school (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE - It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall purpose of the Job
Working as a Mechanical Planner within the installation planning team, you will liaise regularly and form a good working relationship with suppliers, subcontractors, internal & external customers, logistics and AHUK’s design office. Reporting to the Installation and Production manager, you will review all data that is released from the design office and coordinate the raising of work cards with the planning team to ensure that the output is in line with the departments’ priorities. You will interpret manufacturing and installation data to produce work orders and bills of material. You will create detailed work orders for shop floor technicians and produce progress reports of the work orders produced for use in weekly meetings. You will also be responsible for checking for accuracy and technically closing work orders
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
· Accurately interpret data to determine whether parts can be internally or externally manufactured
· Review the material specification selected for subcontractor manufactured parts
· Using data from various sources produce detailed work orders that can be used by the workforce to manufacture, install parts or create kits
· Regularly review data released from AHUK’s design office
· Estimate hours required to carry out work
· Ensure a steady flow of work orders that remains ahead of workforce demand
· Create bills of materials for parts ordering
· Liaise with subcontractors
· Find new subcontractors that meet AHUK’s quality requirements and can work within aviation regulations
· Ensure all materials required are available before releasing work orders to the work force
· Review completed work orders for accuracy, correct issue status of data used, correct material used and time taken to complete the work order
· Technically close completed work orders
· File completed work orders
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
· Work with MS Word & MS Outlook
· Produce detailed spreadsheets using MS Excel
· Knowledge of SAP essential
· Good typing speed
· Working knowledge of EASA Part 21 subpart G
· Responsibilities of creating EASA Form 1’s and Certificates of Conformity
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
· GCSE Maths & English or equivalent
The post holder should have the following experience:
· Worked in an aviation planning department
· Worked in an EASA Part 21G environment
· Able to work with and interpret raw design data
· Ability to review material certificates of conformity for correct material specification and temper
· Have knowledge of commonly used aviation material specifications
Other requirements :
· Ability to work in an organic and evolving environment
· Sense of humour
· Confident, prepared to question the norm
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
· Flexible to the requirements of the company and needs of the customer
· Confidence to challenge quotations from subcontractors to ensure value for money for AHUK
Please note this vacancy will close on 24th March 2021. After this date the applications will then be reviewed, Feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.