Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Airbus Engineering for an experienced Material Engineer or Chemist to join the Surface Technology team in Materials, Processes and Test Department.
The role can be located in Filton UK, Bremen Germany or Toulouse France.
You will work as part of a highly motivated team to develop and deploy new benchmark applied Chemistry in the field of Chromate free surface treatments.
You will work within a transnational multifunctional project team with a key role to ensure successful product development, communication and deployment.
The job will require travel to our Airbus sites, customers and suppliers. Travelling and interaction with international stakeholders are part of the job and this should be appreciated by the candidate. The job holder will report to the head of the functional department and to the project manager/technical team leader.
The job holder will be responsible for the following main tasks:
· Support and drive research, development, qualification and support activities for structural paints with special focus on
assessment and development EHS compliant primer / paint system
· Assess technical performance of product proposals by definition of test programs, perform testing and preparation of technical
· Support the definition of technical requirements for development and production
· Specify material performance in Airbus or international standards
· Perform root cause analysis on structural paint issues relevant for aircraft corrosion performance
· Support preparation of the technology development strategy
· Support the continuous processes reviews and improvements
· Support the product development with material supplier
· Act as interface to Airbus internal and external stakeholder as focal point within his/her expertise
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
· Graduated in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical or Material Engineering
· experience in Aerospace paint business is advantageous
· Working experience in international projects preferable
· Very good communication and analytical skills mandatory
· Experience in Aerospace coatings
· Ability to work in multi-location international team
· Negotiation level of English
Posting date : 29.08.2018
Closing date : 29.09.2018
o Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
o Total remuneration package made up of Basic Salary, Performance Bonus & Success Sharing
o 25 days holiday (Ability to buy 35 additional hours) plus bank holidays
o Pension Scheme Defined contribution pension scheme with scale matching contribution
o Flexible Benefits based on grade – Multiple options including health care and car options
o Flexible working hours & practices (including Friday half-day)
o Onsite social clubs
o Strong career development opportunities (learning path, opportunities to move internally, nationally and internationally)
Click here to watch an interesting video
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).