MISSION AND SCOPE
A Quality Aircraft Manager (QAM) at Flight Line and Delivery Center is assigned to a dedicated A400M aircraft. Is the responsible role for assuring Quality standards since the aircraft starts to operate to its delivery. By coordinating the inspection activities, a QAM manage the Non-Conformities reporting, providing the necessary support for their resolution to the production team. This function guarantees the implementation of the required actions to deliver the aircraft on-quality, on-time and on cost; contributing to Customer Satisfaction.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
· To lead, coordinate and optimize an outsourced Quality Team for Inspections as per defined standards, final check and attestation of work orders; providing support to technical issues, create non-conformities, concessions or DQN when applicable.
· Manage Stop Points and provide fast response to quality issues on out of sequence work, including critical activities (when not delegated).
· Escalate recurrent issues and request support from MAP, ME or any function with a role in the support of the production process (if it is not possible to manage it at level 2).
· Assure the Aircraft maintenance and equipment life limit tasks planning, as well as Weight and Balance Control follow-up (including certification to perform A400M Weighings), scheduled maintenance activities or the achievement of maintenance contractual limitations with the nations.
· To inspect, attest and conduct surveillances, providing feedback and coaching to Operations & Support Functions on Quality issues and observations from Operational Surveillance.
· To conduct PPS and prevent FOD culture, managing Non conformities as appropriate; being the “go-to person” supporting the shop floor providing expertise in Q issues. To carry out Improvement, Prediction and Coaching as appropriate.
· Investigations and root cause analysis into reported quality / quality technical issues from the business team and customer, to ensure appropriate containment and archiving, corrective and curative action is taken by the accountable function through multifunctional teams.
Most critical problems that arises regularly
· Support the capacity management: Anticipate fluctuations in capacity to cover the workload and increase the skills of the involved teams to reduce the impact on the lead time process.
· Assure completeness of manufacturing dossier in order to secure configuration, conformity and airworthiness requirements.
· Manage the quality activities, adapting and merging it with the tactical plan of the aircraft in order to assure the achievement of major milestones.
More important decissions
The QAM role manage, lead and guide the processes involved in to obtain the major milestones on the production and Delivery phases; being the mainly interlocutor with Airworthiness Authorities, leading the hand over to Delivery Center process or the final inspections and validations of the customer for Transfer of Title achievement.
A QAM has direct responsibilities operationally and functionally with an outsourced Team for Operative Quality, integrated by 30 QLS distributed on triple shift.
The QAM is the mainly focal point for all quality issues during PATM and Delivery phases until ToT, including technical, operatives, documental and conformity ones. Therefore, the scope and stakeholders of a QAM is quite wide: ME, MAP, Conformity Managers, Airworthiness Authorities (DGAM), Customer Acceptance Teams, Delivery Managers, Aircraft Managers, Cross-Plant Managers, Configuration Control department, Crew, Design Office, etc.
To work at FL&DC supposes to do it under a high pressure and demanding environment due to the need of reduction and to minimize the accumulated delays in the overall production process; which supposes important cost claims by nations.
There are also important responsibilities components related with the safety and airworthiness; which can even to mean legal, civil and criminal liabilities and consequences. At FL&DC is attested and validated the completeness of all requirements for secure flight operations. Quality Team is one of the most important functions during this process because it attest the final acceptance prior the ground and flight operations.
Required skills :
As the successful candidate, you will need:
¤ Engineering Degree or equivalent
¤ At least 3 years of experience in QUALITY / Inspection & Conformity
¤ Experience in team leading would be desired
¤ Experience in Flight Line or FAL would be a plus
¤ Influence and negotiation skills
¤ Proactive behaviour
¤ Teamwork and results oriented
¤ Negotiation level of English and Spanish is required
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Airbus Defence and Space SAU
Fixed term Contract / CDD / Befristet / Contrato de duración limitada
Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org .