Airbus Helicopters UK Ltd
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
About our team...
Airbus Helicopters is the world’s largest helicopter manufacturer and the company’s site at Oxford Airport is Britain’s civil helicopter hub.
AHUK offers considerable experience in helicopter sales, bespoke completions, maintenance and spares support. Its in-house engineering capabilities include design, customisation, installation, flight-testing and certification, as well as technical support, maintenance, training and the supply of spares for civil and military applications.
AHUK is the MoD’s chosen provider of helicopters and maintenance for its Defence Helicopter Flying school (referred to as MFTS) located in RAF Shawbury (Shropshire) and RAF Valley (Anglesey).
PLEASE NOTE - It is AHUK policy to require all applicants to demonstrate they have the right to remain and to work in the UK.
Description/Overall purpose of the Job
To provide first and second line support to the business, encompassing PC Support, IP Telephony Support and Windows Server Support
The main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
· Respond to support tickets, and calls
· Manage Windows Updates via WSUS
· Define and monitor key alerts to ensure systems availability
· Manage the IM Stock
· Build new and refurbished PCs as necessary
The post holder would ideally have the following Knowledge and Skills:
· Cyber Security - Understand the Airbus requirements and apply
· Windows 10 Enterprise support
· IP Telephony support
· Basic Network Connectivity within an Ethernet environment
· A basic knowledge of virtual data storage environments
· Articulate in written and verbal communication
· A basic knowledge of Virtual Private Networks
We require the post holder to have the following Education, Qualifications or special training:
· Broad education to degree level or equivalent
· Able to achieve SC (Security Clearance)
· A history of working within a Windows environment
The post holder should have the following experience:
· At least two years help desk experience within a Windows environment using the skills listed above
Key performance indicators:
· Support tickets dealt with, within the SLA
· Agreed projects delivered on time and budget
· Mandatory training completed
Other requirements :
· Must hold a UK driving licence and be able and willing to travel to all AHUK sites
Please note this vacancy will close on 11th March 2021. After this date the applications will then be reviewed, Feedback will be given and Interviews will be arranged.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.