Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you a passionate Antenna Engineer? Interested in supporting tests and having direct contact with the end customer?
Looking to design gold standard antennas? Interested in working on the National Satellite Programme (NSP)? Interested in Geostationary Satellite or Constellation? Looking for to work for a company that is playing the first role in Antenna solution for telecom satellite?
Then this is the role for you!
This role will suit someone who comes from either a RF or Active Antenna background.
We are looking for multiple Antenna Engineers to work on RF Antennas or Active Antenna projects - you will be joining a, close-knit and welcoming team, of more than 10 multi-cultural Engineers. You will be involved with the full life of product from Negotiation to in orbit test - including design phase, product development process, prototype build, product qualification and production build.
This role would require some travel in other European Airbus sites.
For the right person, there are 3 x career paths available for this role:
• Recognised expert in RF / Active Antenna
• Develop Team Leader skills by managing a team of 2-35Engineers
• Develop Project Manager skills by monitoring and delivering the projects on schedule and on budget
Tasks & accountabilities
• Design and development of active antennas.
• Work on new product development.
• Perform design and development of advanced antennas, antenna subsystems and antenna elements.
• Support writing of reports, white papers, bids, proposals, specification definitions and acceptance test procedures.
• Support design and implementation of active antenna systems or RF antenna systems
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Antenna simulation tools: TICRA software
• Good Analytical and mathematical skills
• Experience in antenna designs and either Antenna Theory or Microwave / RF (Radio Frequency) Engineering.
• Microwave design experience with Phased Arrays and other active antennas, based on horn and printed radiating elements
• Experience utilizing electromagnetic simulation tools such as FEKO, CST or similar analysis software.
• Experience with MATLAB analysis and basic programming.
• Experience in designing antenna feeds.
• Experience in passive antenna design (Single offset, Gregorian, Single Feed Per Beam (SFPB), multiple feed per beam
• French language is a plus but not Mandatory.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.