AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for an Functional and System Design Responsible in Tactical Datalinks and Mission Data Management (f/m/d) has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth.
You will join a team of 55 engineers in the 'Situational Awareness and Mission Management' department in charge of terrain/weather/threats/traffic awareness functions, vision enhancement and targeting systems, data-links as well as mission management systems for all (e-)VTOLs.
Your mission will consist of system engineering activities and helicopter level integration of mission management systems interfaced with many contributor systems for civil and military helicopters. Within the team, you will act as a technical reference for tactical datalinks integration (examples: Link16. Link11, Link22, but also national datalinks)
Tasks & accountabilities
· Acting as functional and system design responsible for Mission Management Systems interfaced with many contributor systems (electro optical systems, electronic warfare systems, data-links, communication systems, radar, etc.) over multiple helicopter platforms
· Acting as the technical reference for tactical datalinks integration within mission management systems, how to get the data, process it, present it and use it in the way that the customer needs it
· End to End Functional chain definition
· Requirements engineering
· Interfacing with project management, purchasing, sales department and other project stakeholders throughout the organization
· Interfacing with / management of suppliers and customers
· Application of agile development methodology
· Ensuring planning at equipment and helicopter level for development and qualification
· Participating in offer management and contributing to product sourcing policy
· Assessing suppliers offers with other stakeholders
· Proactively controlling and monitoring suppliers during the development phase, with the aim of safeguarding technical requirement
· Gathering and sharing knowledge of Mission Management Systems market solutions (current and future)
· Ensuring the qualification / certification of equipment and the according functions
· Supporting rig, ground and flight testing of the equipment
· Supporting knowledge exchange within Airbus (all divisions)
This role may involve some travel for business once a quarter in Germany or Spain and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
· Academic studies in the field of Physics, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar
· Comprehensive experience in the design, development, engineering and/or integration of mission management systems for aircraft
· previous experience in Link16, Link11 or Link22 integration in an airborne platform is mandatory
· Knowledge of airborne military communication systems and tactical data-links would be an advantage
· Knowledge in systems engineering, requirements engineering and integration in the field of avionics
· A previous experience with agile methodology (Scrum, SAFe) would be benifitial
· Experience in Supplier Management
· Team Spirit, good communication skills and experience in stakeholder management
· Language skills: English business fluent / negotiation level, knowledge of German, French or Spanish would be an advantage
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.