We have openings for an intern wishing to develop skills as a Technology or Gaming Writer for an award-winning web publication.
If you have a passionate interest in technology and/or gaming with an excellent ability to write, then this opportunity is for you to develop a profile as an online writer.
You must have an aptitude to research and find new technology and gaming stories, knowledge of trends and have a passion for the subject matter.
You shall be put onto our On-Line Writers Development programme where you will learn to develop your skills further to write on online and digital. You shall be provided mentoring and support from the Editorial Team.
You will be credited for every article you write with your own profile on the web publication. Allowing you to build a good portfolio and reference.
Commitment is the key requirement for you to gain from this role.
If you are based in Birmingham it gives you the chance to attend editorial meetings one day a week.
A minimum of 5-9 months is an ideal timescale to develop a strong portfolio of your writing ability as a Technology or Gaming writer.
- Currently doing or have a degree in English, Technology, Journalism, Media or any similar discipline.
- For technology writing - you have a passion for trends including smartphones, lifestyle technologies etc.
- For gaming writing - you have a passion for trends including latest games, review writing, comparisons, console news etc.
- A passionate writer with the desire to write creative technology and/or gaming articles.
- Experience of any online writing skills, blog writing, student publications etc. will be an advantage.
Women technology lovers and avid gamers are encouraged to apply.