Country: United Kingdom
Job Function: Retail (Store)
State / Province: England
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Manchester
Relocation: No Selection
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
This advert, open until 31st December, is our portal for talent at theadidas Concept store, Manchester at the level of VM In store Merchandiser. Like any great scout, we are always out there looking for the best of the best.
This job posting does NOT represent a live vacancy. What does that mean? It means that this posting is here specifically to collect applications all year long. Don’t let that discourage you – whenever there is a role to recruit for, this is where we would look to find talent outside of our business.
What does that mean for you? We want you to read the below job description, evaluate your skills and abilities against the requirements, and if you are in it to win it – then apply.
Should you be interested in more than 1 store, please do feel to apply to multiple job adverts on www.careers.adidas-group.com .
PURPOSE & IMPACT ON ORGANIZATION:
Contribute to meeting or exceeding store sales and profit targets by:
· Ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of the global visual merchandising direction in assigned store.
· Cascade information given by Market VM manager to SM and Store staff through Training and meetings.
· Participate in team meetings and team huddle to understand needs, delivery of stock and Sales and retail KPI analysis in order to drive sales through VM
· Give feedback to the RBO on Stores’ needs after discussing with SM.
· Ensure store complies with Global standards and guidelines to provide a pleasant shopping experience to all consumers
· Ensure all windows are presented to a high standards including mannequins dressing and positioning, lighting direction, cleanliness, steaming and price communication
· In charge of creating clear Shop –In-Shop’s to emphasize category presentation
· Ensure correct use and positioning of In-Store Communication Tools
· Dress in-store mannequins and place props correctly
· Apply and maintain Retail Standards
· Daily audit using adidas VM compliance Checklist
· Monthly submission on VM Compliance Tool including taking and uploading pictures into the system
· Update weekly the Space Management Tool floor plan and fixture allocation based on product presentation movement. Weekly analysis of Space Management Results with SM and draft common action plan
· Night shift: campaign change
· (Lead in-store VM team by example, organize their work time and tasks)
3.In-store VM Training
Train co-workers on:
· Global Visual Merchandising standards and guidelines, including folding techniques, different hanger types, size order and size curve, steaming and merchandise presentation standards as well as the use of size cubes and size stickers
· “getting to know your stores” and wall configuration - Train the Trainer
· Enhancing consumer journey
· Keep up-to-date on competitor analysis as well as current and upcoming fashion trends across the store location area. Communicate information to Market VM Manager
· Identify and communicate store needs fixtures/ ISC to Market VM Manager
· Other duties as requested by SM/Market VM Manager
· Returns and correctly stores unused equipment including fixtures, mannequins, props & graphic frames
· Manage fixtures with care to avoid damages
· Is familiar with health and safety issues
Customer service and operations tasks (part time VM Champion)
· Execute the Brand Customer Service standards to meet or exceed customers’ expectations
· Be a Brand Ambassador, consistently exhibiting the Brand Attitude and Values
· Use Seasonal Brand and product knowledge effectively during sales interactions
· Communicate product features and benefits and unique selling points clearly to address customers’ needs and strengthen their connection to the Brand
· Minimize loss in both, the stockroom and the sales floor
· Perform all store operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner
· Collaborate productively and respectfully with team members
· Complete all applicable training programs and effectively apply the learning on the job
· Seek coaching and learning opportunities to continually improve your performance
· Not Applicable
· Peers / Supervisor
· Visual team
KNOWLEDGE, CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
· Interest in fashion & sports desirable
· Organized and detailed oriented
· Is able to follow directives
· Good numeracy, literacy, verbal and written communication skills
· Self - motivated
· Work as a team
· Effective problem solving abilities
· A good eye for style, coordination and attention to detail
· Positive PEP grade
· Flexibility work early morning and nightshifts
· Flexibility to work full time hours
· Fluent in local language – verbal and written
· Proven experience in visual merchandising is preferred