Job Function: Digital
State / Province: Netherlands
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Amsterdam
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
The aim of the role is to work as part of a team on to provide 24/7/365 operational support, incident management and stakeholder communication for the systems used to produce, publish and serve content for a range of adidas platforms and services (possibly including mobile, tablet, desktop, and IPTV).
1. Specialist advice
· Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
· Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
· Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
· Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation.
2. Business analysis
· Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
· Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
· Works with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining acceptance tests.
· Contributes to selection of the business analysis methods, tools and techniques for projects; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
· Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
· Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
· Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
· Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. I
· nterprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
· Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
· Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
· Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
· Provides specialist advice to support others.
4. Systems integration and build
· Provides technical expertise to enable the configuration of software, other system components and equipment for systems testing.
· Collaborates with technical teams to develop and agree system integration plans and report on progress.
· Defines complex/new integration builds.
· Ensures that integration test environments are correctly configured.
· Designs, performs and reports results of tests of the integration build.
· Identifies and documents system integration components for recording in the configuration management system.
· Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools.
5. Porting/software configuration
· Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
· Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
6. Configuration management
· Proposes and agrees the configuration items (CIs) to be uniquely identified with naming conventions.
· Ensures that operational processes are in place to maintain secure configuration, consistent classification and management of CIs, and for the verification and audit of configuration records.
· Develops, configures and maintains tools (including automation) to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current information.
· Reports on the status of configuration management. Identifies problems and issues and recommend corrective actions.
7. Release and deployment
· Assesses and analyses release components. Provides input to scheduling.
· Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management. Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
8. Application support
· Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
· Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
9. Problem management
· Initiates and monitors actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services.
· Determines problem fixes/remedies.
· Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
10. Incident management
· Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
· Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
· Escalates unresolved incidents.
· Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
· Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
11. Relationship management
· Implements stakeholder engagement/communications plan.
· Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information.
· Collects and uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
· Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
· Global IT
· Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
· HR Management
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
· Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Proficient spoken and written command of English
· At least 7-year experience in IT
· 5 year of experience in relevant area
· 2 year of experience in team management
· Strong understanding & knowledge of regional and global market landscape and the respective customer
· Managed critical elements and cross functional and regional projects