Newhaven, East Sussex
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Cleaning
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Materials handler/Driver Distribution
Rotating shifts; week 1; 06.55- 15.25 / week 2; 09.55-17.55
Fantastic opportunity to join a well established company based in Newhaven, England.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
· To manage the receipt of inbound goods and materials and ensure outbound goods are shipped on time, in line with customer requirements
· To safely move materials and components to the correct storage and stocking locations using appropriate handling equipment
· Ensure all product is stored in a safe manner and clearly labelled and packaged to the required standard
· Accurately complete all necessary documentation and system transactions
· Perform stock checks to monitor inventory accuracy
· Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others
· Play an active role in maintaining housekeeping standards to ensure everyone's safety and adherence to the company's 5S program
· Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment
· To work as part of a team to help and support others and provide proactive communication to highlight problems or opportunities for improvement
· To cover the delivery of finished goods, tooling and misc. items to customers in a safe manner that will optimise the groups efficiency, helping achieve the group's mission and goals, resulting in outstanding customer service as required. To help with in the distribution centre as required.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To manage the inbound receipt of goods and materials. This will include the unloading of vehicles using appropriate handling equipment, checking goods received against documentation, transfer to the correct stocking point and accurate processing of system transactional data.
· To manage the outbound shipment of finished goods, components and materials. Ensure goods are labelled and packaged to the required standard and checked for accuracy against relevant documentation. This will include the loading of vehicles using appropriate handling equipment and accurate processing of system transactional data.
· Safely move materials and components to the correct storage and stocking locations using appropriate handling equipment. Observe correct safe handling techniques and practices and ensure necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times.
· Accurately record information and complete all necessary documentation in full. Ensure all required system transactions are performed accurately and in a timely manner. Raise any anomalies or inaccuracies with the relevant party and ensure corrective actions are executed in a timely manner to ensure data accuracy
· Perform regular cycle counts and stock checks as required to monitor inventory accuracy
· Adhere to company health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
· Working as part of a team you will be expected to work in a proactive manner and help and support others to achieve the company's goals and objectives
· Be proactive in communicating any problems or opportunities for improvement to a manager, supervisor to ensure speedy resolution
· Maintain/Update packing list template using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
for this role it would be desired a 7.5 Tonne licence & counter balance however not essential
Holiday's 23 days P.A & bank holidays closed Christmas and boxing day.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy